Thread: Getting “synchronize the file before playing” message on Sansa clip

Getting “synchronize the file before playing” message on Sansa clip

I am using Sandisk Sansa clip+ mp3 player from last 6 months and I have really enjoy the sound quality of the player I have use my sansa clip for audible and overdrive books many times without having any issue but in the last week for first time I have received message when I have try to play a book says that “ synchronize the file before playing” and this will happen with both overdrive and audible. I don’t know why this is happening if anyone having any ideas regarding this issue then please help me.

Re: Getting “synchronize the file before playing” message on Sansa clip

I think you should try to update your firmware to the latest 01.01.29A version because this firmware has bug fixes that will help you with the synchronize error message and this will not erase your music and if this will not solve your problem then try to reformat and reload the books this will refresh everything and you will get out of the issue.

I am having a similar problem with my Sansa clip and facing the same issue with the book borrowed from a library via overdrive. I can download and transfer all tracks without having any problem I also can listen two tracks before receiving the message says that “ synchronize to continue your music subscription” so I have tried with retransferring the tracks and still I get the same synchronize message .i don’t know what is the problem with my device but I have updated the latest firmware 01.01.29A. if anyone knows how to solve this problem then please recommend me.

The message “synchronize to continue your music subscription “ is mostly the general fault message for everyone and having many possibilities regarding the windows media Digital Right Management (WMDRM)
    If you are ripping from the CD then the problem is that copy protection is enable during the transfer of a file and that’s why the message appears and this is due to either because of the license the ”leaf license“ which is the part of the file or because secure clock that is synchronize between your device and your computer.

I think if you are simply transferring a CD then just resynchronize with the windows media player or you can delete the file manually and then retransfer the file and if the file is the subscription file from overdrive ,audible, rhapsody or from any similar services or software then resynchronize the file with the particular client. I hope that this solution will fix your issue.