Thread: Does Samsung Captivate Glide support micro SDXC 64GB Card

Does Samsung Captivate Glide support micro SDXC 64GB Card

I have Samsung Captivate Glide Smartphone and I am using 32GB microSD memory card with this phone and till now the phone seems to be worked fine for me but in the last week I have bought new SanDisk microSD XC 64Gb memory card I have copy all my data from my previous 32GB micro SD to my new 64GBmicro SDXC card .Then I remove the 32GB on my Glide phone and replace it with 64GB but my captivate glide phone was not able to detect the card. On windows the file information shows : extFAT and not (FAT32) does this means that currently the captivate glide doesn’t have the extFAT drivers embedded .now I want to know that does Samsung captivate glide support 64GB micro SDXC card? If anyone having any ideas regarding this issue then please help me.

Re: Does Samsung Captivate Glide support micro SDXC 64GB Card

I am also using the Captivate Glide Smartphone with 16GB micro SD card and the manual of the phone says that the phone is expandable up to 32GB micro SDHC card so that means the phone will support up to 32GB micro SD card only.

I know that manual states that the phone will support up to 32GB micro SD card only but it has been reported that the latest HTC and Samsung devices like Samsung galaxy SII can able to read and write such type of memory card even if the user manuals states that the device support up to 32GB micro SD card so why it is not possible with the Samsung Captivate Glide phone.

Samsung states that this device can support 32GB micro SD maximum and I have heard that in case that people trying to use 64GB micro SD card have encounters trouble when transferring Data and I don’t know why you need a 64GB card as 32 GB is much enough especially for the 32GB version of devices like Captivate glide.

I have Samsung Galaxy SII and I am using 64GB micro SD card on my phone without having any issue I think your captivate glide phone will also support 64GB MICRO SD card you just need to format the card as FAT32 before you use it. I hope so this will worked for you also.