Thread: Kingston microSD 32GB Class 10 not working with Sansa Clip Zip

question Kingston microSD 32GB Class 10 not working with Sansa Clip Zip

I have recently purchased the Sansa Clip Zip mp3 player with the great expectations that my old apple Nano iPod was not able to make. Then later I have bought one 32 GB Class 10 micro SD memory card of the Kingston so that I would be able to feed the mp3 in that but my bad luck is that the card is not working with the Sansa Clip Zip. I have the PC with the Windows 7 64 Bit Operating System and when I connect the same micro SD card on my Computer using the card reader than the card is working well. Does anybody knows what is the solution for this or I have to dump this card in garbage? Anybody else with the same issue here? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You.

Re: Kingston microSD 32GB Class 10 not working with Sansa Clip Zip

Have you ever tried to format the micro SD card that you have. I was having the problem that my card was not able to read on the Fuze but when I have done the formatting of the card then it was working. Sometimes, there are some unwanted files on the SD card that are hidden and appeared to be like the opaque and this files could be the reason of not working or causing the problem. Formatting removes it. I hope you get it with your Clip Zip.

angry Re: Kingston microSD 32GB Class 10 not working with Sansa Clip Zip

Quote Originally Posted by Samaria View Post
    Have you ever tried to format the micro SD card that you have. I was having the problem that my card was not able to read on the Fuze but when I have done the formatting of the card then it was working. Sometimes, there are some unwanted files on the SD card that are hidden and appeared to be like the opaque and this files could be the reason of not working or causing the problem. Formatting removes it. I hope you get it with your Clip Zip.
    I have done the formatting of my Kingston microSD 32GB Class 10 memory card on my Computer and again tested it with the Sansa Clip Zip but the results were negative. The card was not working still on my player. I have even tried to plug the ISB modes with my Sansa Clip zip but this experiment also failed for me. When I check the memory card on the player it shows me the OMB space on the player and that’s the reason I can’t insert the songs or play it. Also when I put the songs in the card through the memory card reader then it the card works fine but as soon as I insert the same card in the Clip Zip then the card is not able to work or the card fails to show any songs on the player. This annoys me.

I have been going through the various forums of the Clip Zip and I have found that this mp3 player has a problem with the loading and the compatibility with various cards and the Kingston is one of the cards with which it shows the errors. I think you should replace the Kingston microSD 32GB Class 10 card and get a Sandisk card of the Class 2 and that would be working well with the Sansa Clip Zip. My knowledge says that the Class 10 cards should be taken for the Cameras and you are you are making your money to be wasted by keeping it for an mp3 player.

he everyone,
    Me too having a problem of working the Kingston 32 GB memory card with the Sansa Clip Zip. I have inserted 6000 songs in the internal memory of the card and also 1500 songs in the external memory but the problem is that many of the songs are not shown on the music player. Some of my friends told me to purchase a Sandisk Card. I have done that too but this didn’t solve any problem. Also the “[]” name is given to the Album Artist of few of the music files on the mp3 player. I have also used the Sansa Clip+ and in that you have the amount of the songs on the player when you select the Play All option but whereas in the Clip Zip I am unable to see that option.

star Re: Kingston microSD 32GB Class 10 not working with Sansa Clip Zip

Quote Originally Posted by Dhairyaa View Post
    he everyone,
    Me too having a problem of working the Kingston 32 GB memory card with the Sansa Clip Zip. I have inserted 6000 songs in the internal memory of the card and also 1500 songs in the external memory but the problem is that many of the songs are not shown on the music player. Some of my friends told me to purchase a Sandisk Card. I have done that too but this didn’t solve any problem. Also the “[]” name is given to the Album Artist of few of the music files on the mp3 player. I have also used the Sansa Clip+ and in that you have the amount of the songs on the player when you select the Play All option but whereas in the Clip Zip I am unable to see that option.
    I think so that the maximum file limit is upto the 8000. But it’s an approximation of the 8000 and it falls below that. And I think you lie somewhere around the 7500 files and that could be the limit reached and that’s the reason why your player is not able to detect the card properly. Try to lower the level of the files and see that happens.

I don’t think that there is any option of the play all option in the Sansa Clip Zip Mp3 player. This is really bad about this update that it does not have the play all option as that of the Sansa Clip+ and I think many of the Zip users are dying for that and they are wishing for a new update that will fulfill these expectations.

cool Re: Kingston microSD 32GB Class 10 not working with Sansa Clip Zip

Quote Originally Posted by Dhairyaa View Post
    Also the “[]” name is given to the Album Artist of few of the music files on the mp3 player
    I don’t think so that the ID3 tags for the Artists would be properly filled. If they are filled properly then there might be some problem with the settings of the USB. You should set the USB settings to the MTP. I think this should be help you to solve the Album Artist tag problem. Try and tell me. Thank You.