Thread: SanDisk sansa fuze+ battery drains when it is not in use?

SanDisk sansa fuze+ battery drains when it is not in use?

Hi, friends I bought SanDisk sansa fuze+ last month it is very nice [product I really appreciate sansa to make such a nice product also thank Sansa developers for the firmware updates. now coming to my problem my SanDisk sansa fuze+ battery drains fast when I am not using it, I have observed this from many days since I have bought. Yesterday night I had charged my battery full and listen two songs and after that I turned it off and kept it off. This morning when I turned it on I saw that the battery was at 78%, so I turned it off again and switched it on after an hour I saw that now the battery was at 76%. So guess let me know if your SanDisk sansa fuze+ battery is also depleted when not in use?

re: SanDisk sansa fuze+ battery drains when it is not in use?

Yes, mine SanDisk sansa fuze+ is also losing 15% battery every day when it is not in use. I even checked using SanDisk sansa fuze+ player of one of my friend his fuze+ does not drained battery when it is not in use, so I guess not all fuze+ players have this problem.

Had same problem mine battery also consume 12-15% of battery overnight when it is not in use, so I guess mine SanDisk sansa fuze+ will turn off after 3 days when it is not in use. I guess the problem is with the battery or the SanDisk sansa fuze + itself because I even have sansa fuze but it works properly it battery not depleted when not in use. I even observed that SanDisk sansa fuze+ battery don’t consume much power as it should be when it is used.

My battery of SanDisk sansa fuze+ also drains lot battery when it is not in use. My wife has and old player which battery last for month with no loss, I don’t know for what the fuze+ player consume this much of battery power when it is not in use.

Mine SanDisk sansa fuze+ player battery drain from 84% to 83% from 4 pm yesterday to 4pm today, It means my SanDisk sansa fuze+ just drain 1% of battery on whole day when it is turned off. So the problem must be in your battery so you should go back to the store or send it back to Sansa. Or if possible replace the batteries, or contacted SanDisk tech support.

I had my SanDisk sansa fuze+ player battery full charged last week and now after a week when I turned it on I saw that the battery was at 98%, so mine fuze+ has good battery life and hope that 2% of battery must used by clock to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatien View Post
    Mine SanDisk sansa fuze+ player battery drain from 84% to 83% from 4 pm yesterday to 4pm today, It means my SanDisk sansa fuze+ just drain 1% of battery on whole day when it is turned off. So the problem must be in your battery so you should go back to the store or send it back to Sansa. Or if possible replace the batteries, or contacted SanDisk tech support.
    I had contacted the SanDisk tech support, but they told me to do reinstall the latest firmware again, and told me that if I have the same problem again after reinstall the latest firmware then come back. It’s really very much annoying to get this answer from tech support. Hope I have to contact the tech support again after reinstall the latest firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaganvihari View Post
    I had contacted the SanDisk tech support, but they told me to do reinstall the latest firmware again, and told me that if I have the same problem again after reinstall the latest firmware then come back. It’s really very much annoying to get this answer from tech support. Hope I have to contact the tech support again after reinstall the latest firmware.
    With my SanDisk sansa fuze+ I had same battery problem so I contacted the SanDisk tech support. They told me to hold down the power button for 20 second. While holding the fuze+ turned no but the screen gone dark, but still I was holding power button for more 20 second. Doing this resets the player but won’t affect the music stored in player, but I had to reconfirm some personalizations. They then charge the battery for 3 hours using USB charger not plug-in charger and then charged the battery full and told me to use normally and check whether my battery is fix. I checked by using it and kept it turn off for about 10 hour but the battery had same effect as it had before. I will wait and check for few more days and then call customer support again.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatien View Post
    My battery of SanDisk sansa fuze+ player is draining fast when it is not in use. my battery drains 1% every hour when it is off. If the clock is taking the battery power to run the clock then why my fuze+ clock is not working and keeps resetting itself when every time it is turned on?

I purchased my sansa fuze+ from ebay few months back and the player was working good for about a month but later it start losing power fast when it is turned off as well as when it is turned on. I left the player in my bag to one week without using it, when I try to turn the player on after a week I saw that the battery was totally empty, so I connected player using USB socket to charge. While it was on charging every minute It was showing flower logo as if it was turning on, but after few second it turned off the pixel gets disappear the image and screen goes black. I left it for about an hour but the battery wont charge, I also charged it using plug-in charger but nothing happened. I tried pressing button for 30 second as it resets the player but nothing happened. I tried connecting the player with USB cable and press volume down button for more than 2 minute, after 2 minutes it got connected but it did not load the sansa updater as it should load, it loaded manually. After 15 minute connection the screen of the player went black and had the same problem again. So send my fuze+ player to replace but it’s more than a week I haven’t go it back.