Thread: Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 has strange Chinese note that is taped onto the box

Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 has strange Chinese note that is taped onto the box

hi guys

Does anyone has seen this It was actually taped onto the box, exterior of the shrink wrap. On the flipside of the note there are 6 bar codes with associated serial or the product numbers. 'Ordered the Transformer Prime from Best Buy online then picked it up in a local store today in USA . Somebody at told me that the Chinese thing written in the bosx means There is a bright spot on the display but that appear to just be just part of the text. Sincerely, anybody here know what exactly that means ? is that they Are selling me a refurbished unit as a new unit? I would be really appreciate any feed back

Re: Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 has strange Chinese note that is taped onto the box

Perhaps best buy is just actually are reselling the refurbished prime stock or else Asus is sending them return refurbished as fresh which is maybe not legal. I returned mine for the same reason some days ago. My bright spot was a little lower . so I'm going to get a second one at some point however it will not be unless i can walk into a store, purchase it and open it on the store to make sure it over prior to i walk out.

Re: Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 has strange Chinese note that is taped onto the box

I have a friend who know Chinese and saw that kind of Transformer Prime box had said me thst it means "There is a bright spot on the screen. So I think there is no doubt that it means refurbished unit

Yeah, it is look as if the best buy perhaps selling shady refurbish as new. I perhaps sitting on the just hands-down evidence in our country thanks for chiming in once more. somebody just added that the rest of the characters say "confirmed" followed by somebody's name

I knew about this and To be more precise, the first line says, , Bright spots on LCD and the other lind says "Bright spots on LCD. a guy's name confirmed.

this is not correct . this is ridiculous .so that means that , somebody sent a tablet to the ASUS, who verified the problem , and then ship it back to Best Buy and they in turn sell it as fresh service ? look like so illegal to me

What I suggest you that DO NOT OPEN IT! You will misplace the evidence of their wrapping and seal, they might then say you’re caused the damage plus wrote the note manually. Take it to the best buy again along with a video camera, ask for a manager. And in front of him open the box while also takes the image it in front of the manager. If there is a spot on the display leave it there and file an immediate complaint with the FTC . If you were sell a "used/damaged" unit as new, that is consumer fraud and somebody must be held answerable and being that it is writing in a different language I uncertainty Best Buy is to blame.

you might have consider that this must be Best-Buys awful trade practice relatively than ASUS and From what my relative and my colleague here tell me, Best-Buy are quite well known as for doing this kind of stuff , although I doubt that

I made a Called Asus and asked them if the serial number is of new unit . And under his guidance I should start it up, and no LCD displaying issue . I'm had some problem with getting Wi-Fi connected , however I'll find some solution to that and take things from there. I’m thinking that the note regard factory quality control and a monitor replacement, which is okay by me.

As far as I am concerned not a fan of Best Buy, however is there any sign that Best Buy familiar this is not a brand new units ? If it had be return to Best Buy, I'm certain whatever notes the employees write on it might not be written in Chinese.

It perhaps a note from the QC department that establish the fault in development , and fix it previous it left the factory. I would discover it hard to consider that faulty units in the USA are given back to Taiwan for fix and then sent back to the USA. There are a lot of repair facilities in the USA so why send it back and forth.