Thread: how to transfer files from iTunes to Sansa Clip

how to transfer files from iTunes to Sansa Clip

I have recently bought Sansa Clip MP3 player and I am very happy because it yields quality sound and many great features in such a small package. I am using Itunes in my windows xp operating system and the itunes files are mostly ripped from cd’s. yesterday I copied files from iTunes and tried to past it in the Sansa Clip songs receiving folder but I was unable to do it. I tried for many times but the result was same I was failing. From that time I am stuck I am unable to know how should I transfer files from iTunes to my Sansa Clip MP3 player. Please if anyone know about this relevant topic let me know. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: how to transfer files from iTunes to Sansa Clip

I think you are doing some mistake in between. It is very simple to fix. I use Apple MAC that’s why I didn’t know everything will completely work for you or not but try these following things:

• Click on the iTunes Preferences menu
    • Click on "Import Settings
    • Select the import method and click on import using
    • Select MP3 decoder and click on option called Quality
    • Go back to your of Itunes and select all the songs which you want to convert
    • Click on the advanced menu and select MP3 version
    • You can randomly track the progress temporary Converting playlist which will appear in the sidebar
    • You will have MP3 versions of your music which you can easily drag and drop in your Sansa Clip
    • The new files which you have downloaded will be same folders as the other formats
    • I hope it will work for you. If it works give me a feedback

Thank dude for your help. It unfortunately didn’t work for me. I tried all the process you told me. After getting new files in the folders I found out under each original song there appeared a duplicate of its original song. I copied all the songs and then browsed the windows explorer and selected the internal memory of the Sansa Clip to paste still I have found I am unable to proceed because I can’t paste anything. It was thus very frustrating for me.

I will suggest you that you should use your windows explorer to showcase the files. Yo should do a simple process. You should first click on documents then select the music folder and then select the itunes folder. The itunes will store all your files. You should enable the showcase of file extension of file types and then find your MP3 files and gradually copy files from windows explorer and then paste them into your Sansa Clip.

I think you are doing some mistake in between. It is very simple to fix. I use Apple MAC that’s why I didn’t know everything will completely work for you or not but try these following things:
    Click on the iTunes Preferences menu
    Click on "Import Settings
    Select the import method and click on import using
    Select MP3 decoder and click on option called Quality
    Go back to your of Itunes and select all the songs which you want to convert
    Click on the advanced menu and select MP3 version
    You can randomly track the progress temporary Converting playlist which will appear in the sidebar
    You will have MP3 versions of your music which you can easily drag and drop in your Sansa Clip
    The new files which you have downloaded will be same folders as the other formats
    I hope it will work for you. If it works give me a feedback
    I was facing the same problem. Thanks a lot my friend as I am also using Apple iMac. Your solution helped me perfectly and accurately. No I have no issue with it.

I searched all the file types in my iTunes folder and I founded MPEG Layer 3 Audio and MPEG Layer 4 Audio. I successfully copy pasted many songs of the MPEG Layer 3 Audio type to my Sansa Clip without any issue. After that I tried to copy paste songs from MPEG Layer 4 Audio and that I also I succeeded. At the time of playing songs I found that the MPEG Layer 3 Audio songs were playing bit the MPEG Layer 4 Audio songs were unable to play.

From this you should come on the conclusion that only MPEG Layer 3 Audio files runs on your MP3 player and MPEG Layer 3 Audio files are not made to run on your MP3 player. I think by right now you have spot the difference. Enjoy all the songs of the MP3 player.