Thread: Sandisk Sansa clip battery questions

Sandisk Sansa clip battery questions

I am using sandisk sansa clip MP3 player from last three months the device is really great and the sound quality of the player is excellent but I have several questions related with the battery which are as follows
    Does the battery charge automatically stop when the battery is 100% charge or it will continuously charge and after will result in overcharge and doing a battery damage?
    I am using AC charger to charge my sansa clip on a wall outlet with this charger also the recharge stops automatically ?
    What is the complete charging time to fully charge the device?
    And lastly will the charging time be the same with AC charger then with the computer or can it be faster?
    I am unable to find out the answers of this question on user manual so if anyone having the information regarding this question then please reply me.

Re: Sandisk Sansa clip battery questions

I think after the battery is full charge charging will stop and go in to the trickle charging due to which it will not cause overcharging or battery damage and the charging time to fully charge the device is almost 3 ½ hours.

I think the trickle charging also produce some damage on the battery as it still be overcharging and as you said that you are using an AC charger to charge your device then it will also stop charging and go in to trickle charging and the charging time is faster from AC charger then with the computer and the charging time is max3 to 3 ½ hour max to fully charge the device.

I have found on a website related to the batteries that charging with a Li-Po battery the current drops continuously and become very small at the end of the charge and this small current shouldn’t be considered as a trickle charge . a trickle charge is not good for a Li-Po battery because a small current charge will result in a plating of the battery’s electrode and finally which will make the battery lifetime shortened. So always be careful while fully charging the battery of your device.

I think after a full charge the charging is stopped and there is not any trickle charging so you just charge battery for 3 to 4 hours and during this period normally the battery is full charge and it will also prevent you from overheating and battery damage.

There is a microprocessor chip in the battery pack which regulate the amount of current coming into the battery and if this chip is not present in the battery then the battery would explode very shortly after a full charge. When it reaches full charge it will go into the trickle charge and it cause the damage but it is so small as nearly unmeasurable for you and this damage will be small and regular and not create any problem until the warranty expires