Thread: How to rate song on the computer from Sandisk Sansa Clip

How to rate song on the computer from Sandisk Sansa Clip

I have been using Sandisk Sansa Clip and I am willing to rate the songs, I have been doing the same on my computer using winamp's media library, I have found that it is possible to do the same with the Sandisk Sansa Clip, so I just wanted to know the process of synchronize this with the media library, is there anyone who has an idea about it an can help me out??

Re: How to rate song on the computer from Sandisk Sansa Clip

I have been using Sandisk Sansa Clip and I am willing to rate the songs, I have been doing the same on my computer using winamp's media library, I have found that it is possible to do the same with the Sandisk Sansa Clip, so I just wanted to know the process of synchronize this with the media library, is there anyone who has an idea about it an can help me out??
    You can also sync the song ratings using the Windows Media Player as well, In my case I have been using WiMP11 and the songs that are rated in the device are also shown in the computer when using WiMP in order to transfer the songs, It is very easy to change the ratings as well but then the important thing here is setting up the WiMP for automatic synchronization, I mean that for the first time you will have to be quick to stop the Sync button and after that just select Set Up Sync from the little button which will be under the syn tab. Once you are done with the same till here than you will get a pop up having columns with the items synchronized. Just try it out and see if you like it.

Yes this will work but then you will have to get the latest’s firmware for the same, the latest firmware fort now is 1.0.29 so just get it to try out the above solution.

Hey thanks for the same, I will surely try the same anyways I also wanted to know that where are the ratings stored on the clip, actually I am not getting a way to get them from the winamp, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I have faced the same issue and I am having the latest firmware as well, other than this I have also reformatted the player but then I am still not able to get them right and most of them are still wrong, I have found that this issue is with the +1 star and above, other than this I am having the latest WMP as well, I don’t know what is the issue all about, I have found some saying that this issue is firmware related, just wanted to know that is there any chances of getting them fixed with the new firmware??

I have installed the latest firmware after your suggestion and have sync'd as well but then I have found that the song ratings are not proper, I mean that some of them are correct where as majority of them are wrong, I don’t think that I have missed anything as I had disconnected and verified that they were different on the payer, I don’t know why the ratings that I have changed are not showing up, I just wanted to know that which file contains the song ratings in MTP or MSC mode, is there anyone who has an idea about the same?? Is there anyone who has faced the issue as of me??

I really did not thought that the song rating will be not supported, I really did not expected this with the sandisk.