Thread: Voice and radio recording quality with Sansa clip

Voice and radio recording quality with Sansa clip

I am looking to buy Sandisk Sansa clip Mp3 player and I know that it has great features like FM radio, voice recording, sleep timer etc. and I want to use this mostly for recording lectures and sometimes for recording from Radio but I don’t know much about its recording quality I have used other devices that record in mp3 format with quite good and clean sound so anyone knows the sound quality of voice and radio recording with sansa clip then please recommend me .

Re: Voice and radio recording quality with Sansa clip

From my experience the sound quality of voice recording with the device is great if the speaker is within 2-3 feet of the player otherwise it won’t be too much great and the sound quality of FM recording for music is not good for music purpose but it will be good for a talk show and as you want to use it for recording lectures so it is good for the speaker to clip the player near to his shirt otherwise it is not a good idea if you are thinking to recording a lecture from the back of a large room.

I am using sansa clip from last three months and I have tested the quality of recording from the radio which seems to be not good and also it produces only 22hz as other device produces 44hz having mp3 format but I have not tested the quality of voice recording with this device.

I have sansa clip mp3 player and I have used it as a voice recorder many times the quality of voice recording with this device is excellent you can record the voice with built-in microphone which you can’t even see on the device and it produces recording in the .wav format and I have also edited and save this .wav format recordings in various file formats and all produce as a better result I think you should buy this device it is really good for voice recording purposes

I have experimented the voice recording with my sansa clip and Fuze and with both the device the recording quality depends on the distance from the lecturer, if the lecturer place the clip to his shirt pocket then the sound quality is quite good and if even two or three feet away from his mouth then it will be more noisy as it will pick up the fan noise and other noise from the room.

I think the sansa clip is primarily an mp3 player and as a voice recorder is not as much efficient and if you are serious about recording and really want some decent sound quality then I think you should buy something that is primarily a recorder , there are many choice available when it comes to recording there are compact recorders with a card slot and mic jack and also the Sony recorders as well as the Olympus recorder are also available you should try to get one of this .