Thread: Question about SanDisk sansa Clip Zip playlists question

Question about SanDisk sansa Clip Zip playlists question

I have been using Clip+ by now but then now I have ordered Clip Zlip in ordered to get a bigger/colour screen, I am willing to drag and drop my music to the Micro SD card using the Windows Explorer so I just wanted to know that how will I have to manage playlists? I mean do I will have to use a 3rd Party program in order to create the playlists? I also wanted to know that what format of the playlist is supported by the Clip Zip? Is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out with these questions?

re: Question about SanDisk sansa Clip Zip playlists question

I have been using Clip+ by now but then now I have ordered Clip Zlip in ordered to get a bigger/colour screen, I am willing to drag and drop my music to the Micro SD card using the Windows Explorer so I just wanted to know that how will I have to manage playlists? I mean do I will have to use a 3rd Party program in order to create the playlists? I also wanted to know that what format of the playlist is supported by the Clip Zip? Is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out with these questions?
    If you want then you can create playlist using Winamp and in order to do so just follow the below steps:
    • First just connect the player in the MSC mode after that just create a new playlist in Winamp
    • After that Open a Windows Explorer and then Drag'n'drop the files to the playlist pane in Winamp
    • When you are done with the same then double-click on the playlist which will be in the last pane and after that move the contents of the playlist to the Playlist Editor Pane and then click on the FILE|Save Playlist, so now just rename the playlist and then save the files in the MUSIC folder.
    • Other thing that you can do is making another playlist if you have a SDHC card.

Hope that helps.

I think that it should help, I also wanted to say I have been using foobar2000 where the process is the same as that of the above, I don’t have any problem in creating playlist and I am also able to get in the root of my storage card in Windows explorer but then the issue here is that when I disconnect the Clip Zip from computer then I am not able to see the playlist in the device and it appears to be missing in the GoList. I just wanted to know if there is a simple method to manage the playlist?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

As far as I am aware I don’t think that the playlists can stay in the root directory, I will better suggest you to transfer your m3u playlists in the Playlists folder and check if the device is able to read them or not. Just make sure that you are not getting messed with the path ad they are correct as the M3U lists are path-specific. I have used the device in the MTP mode but then here you don’t have to care about the path.

As far as I am aware I don’t think that the playlists can stay in the root directory, I will better suggest you to transfer your m3u playlists in the Playlists folder and check if the device is able to read them or not. Just make sure that you are not getting messed with the path ad they are correct as the M3U lists are path-specific. I have used the device in the MTP mode but then here you don’t have to care about the path.
    Hey thanks for that but then in my case I am not able to get the playlist folder in MSC mode I have checked out in the microSD card as well as the main memory, I am not very sure but then just wanted to know if there is a playlist folder out of the root or somewhere else or so, do you have an idea about this.

I think that you should better put the .m3u playlist file in the Music folder rather than putting the same in the root,I will like to share that .m3u playlist is not allowed to contain tracks from the external card as well as the internal card, so for a playlist to contain track from both internal and external memory card you will have to make a .pla format playlist and it should be put in the Playlist folder. Hope that’s quite clear.

By now I have tried putting the folder in the following places but then I am not able to get them in the device after u disconnects it from the computer:
    • Root directory
    • Music directory
    • Directory called "Playlists"

I have also tried using leading backslash with the normal as well as the normal relative paths, I don’t know why the file is not shown on the player from its own menu, I have checked out the flash card and the files appear to be there and in the correct format as well, I am not able to find out them anywhere when I using the player after disconnecting it form the computer, can you provide me some information about the pla file format?

Just try out the below method and it should probably help you out:
    • First change the mode of the player to mtp and then conncet it to the computer and then load music files on card.
    • After that navigate to the music folder on sd card and then right click on a folder where you are willing to add a playlist and then Choose create playlist and rename the same by right clicking on the new playlist
    • When you are done till here just Double click on playlist and then open it and Drag to side and after that Open the folders in music and then copy the songs that you want to add to the playlist and after adding you list just click on ok.
    • Now Move the playlist to the music folder which is in the internal memory and then Unplug and player and let it refresh and then you are done.

I have tried that out with the firmware 01.01.12 and it had worked but then it is really not working for 01.01.17 or 01.01.18, I think that this issue is related to the firmware, I am quite sure about the same as well.