Thread: Unable to add music on iPhone 4S with Ubuntu 11.10

Unable to add music on iPhone 4S with Ubuntu 11.10

So I am new with the Linux (Ubuntu 11.10), and I need your help. Actually I am trying to add music on my iPhone 4S which I recently bought. Look like as if the banshee is not recognizing it , while Rhythmbox shows the prompt "iPod Detected “but not giving all the option just showing the 3rd Gen Grey Scale iPod option . Can anyone here help me on this, I would be really appreciating this. Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to add music on iPhone 4S with Ubuntu 11.10

I have the same problem I just installed Ubuntu 11.10 in Asus EEE PC 1001HA HD . I also have a iPhone 4S running ios5 jailbreak .Ubuntu 11.10 comes with the newest version of Banshee as well as libimobiledevice2. The iPhone is detected , however not on its name, like in Unity or else Shotwell although just as Apple iPhone plus I can't sync - I every time get the error "the mp3 format is not supported . Rhythmbox on the other hand do not detect the iPhone at all What would be the problem

Hey Can you tell me this are you able to play mp3 music with no iPhone. i mean making use of only banshee with no the iPhone or something attached to your laptop .If not you required to have the mp3 codecs initially. You can obtain those for free of charge from the internet just Google it . Well for the syncing issue i also do have an iPhone, I've tried rhythmbox although it has also unsuccessful me as it did for you. So in its place I choose for another player "Clementine". It works completely okay for me. I hope it does it for you.

Hi guys I just recently upgraded to 11.10 plus it was functioning properly with iPhone 4 with IOS4.however when I updated my iPhone 4 to the iOS 5 it just broke with the error 15 can anyone here help me on this I would be really glad

I've been trying to set music on my iPhone however I've been not able to in fact transport songs from my PC onto the iPhone using every the application that have been recommended like banshee also rhythmn box. while I try to transfer the songs, the program apparently converts the files plus syncs it on my iPhone however the syncing procedure isn't happened on my iPhone nor does it have songs at all .I try to transfer. I am using Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit plus have an iPhone 4s iOS 5.0. Hopefully there is a repair for this problem.

I think I can fix this issue all You require to connect your iPhone phone with the Computer. the application that connect to the phone is called libimobiledevice. ensure you have an latest version. you will required to install a package with the utilities for libimobiledevice and another application called ifuse.

I have already done this earlier however no luck, although today I am not certain what occur with my device but only for the reason that I did shut and restarted after 6 hour . execute the first line sudo apt-get... fail as it seems that my phone previously have the packages .

I am doing this , transferring the music on and off my iphone4. Let’s begin with getting music off it which I had on it for a sometime from windows 7/iTunes, until now I have imported every the music into banshee however all the song names are in random letters plus every in the similar list . is there an add-on work with the banshee to read the file names correctly plus list them in the albums correctly?

Syncing iPod and iPhone on the Ubuntu is a not working . you would consider lucky if you get it working(sync) one way or another however it's most doubtful as I and many others by no means establish a solution to it anyplace. So I use iTunes in virtual box with window xp / iTunes

Yeah me too I got windows XP working on Virtualbox and it is the one that's I'm using at the moment. Works very well with no any issue, and I enable sharing with my Ubuntu music directory through a virtual network share so as to iTunes reads from. No problem at all.

I was also looking for the solution and I have found this thread in this forum Is there any fix for using IOS 5 devices on ubuntu i hope this will help you