Thread: Getting sound blips while playing movies in Samsung Series 9 connected to Netgear PTV2000 PushTV HD-TV

Getting sound blips while playing movies in Samsung Series 9 connected to Netgear PTV2000 PushTV HD-TV

I have been using Samsung Series 9 notebook and I have recently bought Netgear PTV2000 PushTV HD-TV and I have connected my tv and laptop to it and the problem that I am having is that when I am playing movies on the notebook then I am getting sound blips, the same does not happen when I play movies in the tv, is there anyone who has an idea about the same??

Re: Getting sound blips while playing movies in Samsung Series 9 connected to Netgear PTV2000 PushTV HD-TV

I have been using Samsung Series 9 notebook and I have recently bought Netgear PTV2000 PushTV HD-TV and I have connected my tv and laptop to it and the problem that I am having is that when I am playing movies on the notebook then I am getting sound blips, the same does not happen when I play movies in the tv, is there anyone who has an idea about the same??
    I think that it you need to reduce the distance between the Netgear PTV2000 PushTV HD-TV and the Samsung Series 9, I mean that you have specified that you are not having any problem with the tv, is the distance between the tv and the notebook is same from the Netgear PTV2000? If that is not the issue then you can try out updating the drivers of the notebook and see if it is making any difference??

Re: Getting sound blips while playing movies in Samsung Series 9 connected to Netgear PTV2000 PushTV HD-TV

No there is no chance of distance causing the issue because the notebook and my tv is in one room along with the Netgear PTV2000 and there is hardly a feet distance from the notebook as compared to that of the tv from the Netgear PTV2000, Other than this I have tried out the latest driver for the notebook but then the condition had went worst and I was facing connection drop down and so, later I uninstalled the latest driver and have now installed the same old driver but then the problem is still the same as well, is there any other method that I can try out??

I have checked out for the same and I have found that your Samsung Series 9 is having Intel Centrino 6230 where as on the intel WiDi page it is mentioned that the widi like Netgear PTV2000 is not capable of working with the Bluetooth 3.0 and above where as the Intel Centrino 6230 is having, here you can try out disabling the Bluetooth and see if it is working for you or not??

I have just now tried out the same but then I don’t think that turning the Bluetooth off is making any difference as I am still able to hear the blipping sound, is there any other workaround that I can try out or I just have to return the Netgear PTV2000 PushTV HD-TV back?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I am having the same issue but then I just wanted to know is there anyone who has found success in running the Netgear PTV2000 PushTV HD-TV with the following:
    • Intel Chipset (9.2.0.1019)
    • Intel Wireless Display (2.1.42.0)
    • Intel VGA aka HD Graphics (8.15.10.2266)
    • Intel PROSet Wireless (14.1.1.0)

Even I need some help regarding the same, actually even I am willing to get Netgear PTV2000 PushTV HD-TV and get it work with my laptop having Intel Centrino 6300 adapter and this does not support Bluetooth as well, so I just wanted to know that is there any chance of getting the Netgear PTV2000 work without any such issues?? Thanks in advance.