Thread: unable to switch between switchable graphics in samsung series 7 chronos

unable to switch between switchable graphics in samsung series 7 chronos

I just bought a new Samsung series 7 chronos laptop yesterday. i always had an intention of using a switchable graphics in a system. And now as I own a new laptop I tried the same thing with it. but I badly failed in accessing this switchable graphics.

I am completely unaware of the reason why my laptop is unable to use and switch over to the Radeon GPU. I also tried to run the two benchmark software Cinebench and 3d Mark to check out the performance but still I guess the laptop is unable to use this switchable graphics. Anyone have any idea about the issue?

Re: unable to switch between switchable graphics in samsung series 7 chronos

There is nothing to worry as it’s very well known that this kind of think takes time to take off. So be calm and wait for while, anyways have you ever tried to set them altogether at high performance. Currently the issue is well known with the 3D Mark and not yet out with a good remedy.
    Just try setting both of them to high performance and let me know the result.

I had the problem when loading Skyrim game. But then I set Skyrim to medium and on the other hand also made sure that the .exe is mentioned under the high performance list. And guess what I got an easily playable FPS. I would suggest you to try Skyrim I bet you will get a good performance no matter if it’s intel.
    I think in your case there may be a bug in the detection.

In Civilization V game I also get the same FPS when I put both high performance and energy saving in it. Therefore the system is easily able to detect the graphics automatically and also able to AMD card. Must be there is a bug in the drivers due to this its being impossible to activate the AMD card. But for me, in my case I doubt it because I get a good FPS while playing Civilization V. Using GPU Z we can say that it is easily possible to activate the AMD card as soon as the game is launched no matter the energy saving mode get activated.

I have an idea. But I doubt whether it is possible or not. Is it so hard to have a button which makes it easily possible to switch between the graphic cards manually? And further we can also have an indicator to show us from the system which card is currently being activated.

I can explain you in a much better way; it’s like my previous laptop was likely to run firefox much better than the current laptop. But I can surely say that the non-switchable AMD5650 card was the reason but still it was unable to switch to AMD card with this firefox even after selecting high performance option from the AMD catalyst this reason makes me to use chrome which run quite efficiently with intel card.