Thread: Wireless connection fluctuating in my samsung series 9 notebook

Wireless connection fluctuating in my samsung series 9 notebook

Now here are some R and Ds I did with my Samsung series9 notebook. From the day 1 I bought my notebook, I had a feeling that there is some wireless connection issue with it. I use to get different connection speed with my wireless whenever I tested it in different situations. I will definitely let you know in details.

I did 3 tests by taking my notebook to the backyard of my house at about 50ft away from my router:

• Without USB antenna I got 3 bars on the task, then when I checked the wireless network connection the speed was 80 mbps.
    • Then I did the 2nd test by disabling my Broadcom, with alpha short antenna I got 4 bars on task and the wireless network connection speed was exact 67 mbps.
    • And at the end tested it with an alpha long antenna, it was 5 bars in task and the wireless network connection speed was the same as above i.e. 67 mbps.

Now here just wanted to clear that whether these speed are normal, am I facing any wireless issue with my laptop? Or else it’s a very common thing which I am taking as a problem. Please any known expert person can let me know the answer.

Re: Wireless connection fluctuating in my samsung series 9 notebook

Good to see that you did lots of research and test on your wireless connection but on the same side also very sad to hear that you have not yet come up with the conclusion. Anyways according to me I can say that instead of checking out the network connection status in all three conditions, I would better suggest you to go for speakeasy speed test. There is no special thing you need to do, as previously do, in all this conditions you take a speakeasy test and note down the results. This will easily help you to make out the differences and if not then better you post the results here.

My 900x3A notebook seems to be working fine with the Wi-Fi. I get the exact speed what I was supposed to own with downloading or uploading thing. My router’s connections speed is around 130 mbps, and it gives me about 10mbps downloading speed when I am 20 to 30 ft away from my router. The downloading speed is normal as it the limited downloading speed assigned to me from the ISP.

Till now everything is working fine with me. In fact I must say that this 900x3A is till now the best one for me if I compare it with some of the previous one that I have used.

Hey friend I would like to share some information with you. As according to my knowledge I personally feel that there may be some confusion with the Broadcom Wi-Fi adapter limitations.

Maybe there are both n and g type network running at 2.5 GHz. At my place I have never faced any problem with the mixed b, g, n mode in competition with just a n mode router. There is no issue with the mixed mode running at my house as I get far better speed with it. I have heard somewhere that this Broadcom Wi-Fi adapter does not have that much of ability to use a n mode network at 5.0Ghz. I would definitely like to test it, so that I will be clearer with this issue. But however I feel that there are still some models that are still facing these Wi-Fi issues.

Even I am having some unusual and confusing issue. Not exactly the same you are having but something which is even related to Wi-Fi. It’s that once I was sitting at my home suddenly for audio purpose I decided to hook up a Bluetooth headset. The moment I connected my Bluetooth what came to my notice was that my wireless connection suddenly turned down.

Initially I was shocked and due to this I didn’t realize that this happened because of the Bluetooth connection. Later when I unplugged the headset and turned off the Bluetooth, again the network connection came back to its normal position and everything seemed like normal. Didn’t understand anything. I am even unable to make out whether it is a small issue or the big one.

As suggested to me I would go for the speakeasy speed test, but now the question is that what exactly I should do to make the test possible. I mean to say that whether it’s a application which I need to download and install and then run it to make the test possible or else I can directly get it from somewhere. I am sorry to ask you this silly question but as I have never used it so completely out of idea.

I am having the same Samsung series 9 notebook and I am using it from last 3 months also very much satisfied with its performance and also with the Broadcom card. I am also using Linksys E3000 n router connected at my house. But I must say that I really never cared about the speed issue and in fact I just utilize the network connection that’s all but never tried to know about the speed I am getting and utilizing overall.

Also I am not an expert in networking, maybe that’s the reason I never thought of all such things. But yes there are still certain things which make me think a lot. I never faced any problem with my Linksys E3000 n router placed at my place. I get equal and adequate speed all over my home. but whenever I visit some hotspots, the strange thing I have seen is that I get a slow connection speed when I am away from the router and if I go closer I get the max speed. Again I would like to mention that I don’t have this type of issue at my home but yes at other hotspots I frequently face this problem.

I would definitely like to ask you all people that why do you always think that there must be some problem with your laptop or else your notebook? There are possibilities where other factors like routers or the connectors can be the reason for the problem.

For the above post I would definitely like to say that there are lots of chances for the issue being faced due to the router compatibility. Especially on n brands, but I would also not stop blaming Samsung or Broadcom card if you feel the problem is due to them.

It’s very unfortunate for me, 2 days ago I ordered the external Alfa Wi-Fi as I thought that it would be good. But after reading this thread I seriously regret ordering this product. I wish I could have read about your worst experience with this product before. At least I would have bought something else. I was initially supposed to buy a mini compact one which would have been better for me like mini USB dongle. But along side I had I wrong impression that this Alfa Wi-Fi is a better option too.

Nothing to worry, you can cancel the order my friend. Why thinking so much, you should have taken more advice from any of your expert friends before deciding to buy this product.

I took almost 1 month to buy Netgear n600 dual band n usb adapter. For buying this I consulted near about 10 of my friends. But ultimately came up with the best one. Yes this is very much satisfying for me as it gives a decent range and also never fluctuates.

There is i minute thing to be done in order to do a speakeasy speed test. You need not have to download or to install any software or something. Actually it’s not an application. You just have to do is go to the official site of speakeasy (if you google, it will the first option on your screen).

In that site, there is nothing much to be done, just click on your location that’s all. The test will start automatically and the results will be in front of you.