Thread: Has anyone replaced Samsung Series 3 NP300U1A-A01US hard drive or RAM?

Has anyone replaced Samsung Series 3 NP300U1A-A01US hard drive or RAM?

I have been using Samsung Series 3 NP300U1A-A01US and it is still working well without any issues but then I am willing to get it upgraded to 8GB of RAM and a 120GB SSD. I have found the Samsung mentioning "If you open this laptop you void your warranty" which is making me nervous but then I want to try it out, is there anyone who have replaced the hard disk or the ram and can help me choosing the same??

Re: Has anyone replaced Samsung Series 3 NP300U1A-A01US hard drive or RAM?

I have been using Samsung Series 3 NP300U1A-A01US and it is still working well without any issues but then I am willing to get it upgraded to 8GB of RAM and a 120GB SSD. I have found the Samsung mentioning "If you open this laptop you void your warranty" which is making me nervous but then I want to try it out, is there anyone who have replaced the hard disk or the ram and can help me choosing the same??
    I don’t own it but then I have checked it out and I have found that it is just having 1 RAM slot and if you are willing to upgrade the same to 8GB then I think that it would be bit difficult, I don’t think that there will be an problem with the up gradation of the SSD, I think that you should better try for 4gb.

Even I was thinking about the same this machine is said to be limited to the 4GB of memory, as far as the ssd is concerned I have checked out some 2.5" HDD and they will easily get replaced in my laptop. I am not having any usability complains with the laptop but then below conditions is triggering me to do so:
    • i3-2357m is slower than i3-2310m
    • Limited 4GB of RAM
    • Just 2-2.5 hours of battery life

I don’t think that the 4GB RAM limit is just the worth I think that it depends on the usage of the machine, I think that you might be running several concurrent virtual operating systems. I will like to share that the getting the maximum run time is said to be an art and if you want to do the same then you can just compare the battery capacities but in Watt-hours. I think that that would be more helpful as compared to the number of cells because I don’t think that they are the standard ones. If the Samsung is not capable of giving you the battery capacity in specs then you can try to use the HWiNFO32, I think that the ULV CPU will consume less power as compared to the standard CPU. Just see what possible option you can go for.

Yes,I have been running several concurrent virtual operating systems and have been doing 3D rendering as well, even I think that I should better get some other program installed on my laptop in order to use the laptop on high battery but then typically. As far as the battery is concerned they has advertised it for 6 hours I don’t know under what conditions but then I have never been able to get it over 2.5 hours. I have been keeping it charged for 80 percent and not 100 percent, so I just wanted to know that will that be making any difference??

Yes that is pretty low but the I will suggest you to use the same on dim screen and limited activity as it is a 3 cell battery and also make sure that you make use of the HWiNFO32 sensor in order to keep the track of the battery capacity and voltage., I think by doing all this you will be able to get 4 hours of battery life for sure, Other than this I also wanted to share that it will definitely matter if you are not charging it to 100 percent, so make sure that you are charging it completely and then performing the above tricks. Just try them out and then let me know if you are able to get a better battery life or not.

I will try out the same and will definitely let you know the result as well, the other thing that I have decided is that if I am not going for the upgrade then I will be getting ThinkPad Edge E420,actually my friend is having the same and it is just awesome and quite better as compared to the Samsung, I mean that it just has less flex/creaking as compared to that of the Samsung, I think that the Samsung appears more attractive but then e420 is the better as far as with its performance, what do you think about the same??

See now I will have to say that you are comparing apples with pears, I mean that they are different machines where one is 14 and on the other side it is ultraportable, I think that you should better choose the device as per your priorities and not looks. I don’t think that there is much difference between the costs between them but then i think that it is hard to decide which one is better, I mean that you are comparing less power with the portability.

I agree to you that they are different machines but then I was comparing them as per their processor, I mean that both of them are having same generation of processor. Anyways I will check it out tomorrow that which option will be better for me.