Thread: Samsung NP305E5A-A01US laptop touchpad don’t work while typing.

Samsung NP305E5A-A01US laptop touchpad don’t work while typing.

Hi, friends I have bought my new Samsung NP305E5A-A01US laptop few weeks ago and now I am facing problem of touchpad it won’t work while I am typing. I have been using mouse from many days and I felling that I am using desktop. I am not able to use my laptop while traveling or out place because of touchpad problem. I even checked control panel touchpad setting but I don’t find anything. So guys please help if you have any solution.

Re: Samsung NP305E5A-A01US laptop touchpad don’t work while typing.

According to me no one else have those problems. At least I don't. And it doesn’t look like it’s a hardware issue either, so I am guessing you installed something that messed things up. Or perhaps changed some setting by mistake, but no idea which, since I've never seen or heard about anything like this before.

This is brand new laptop so I took this out direct from the box so I didn’t install anything that would mess anything. And the thing is that I have searched all around Google about this problem, there are many simple ways to solve the problem of some other laptops but I can’t find way to do the same on my laptop.

In laptops most laptop have palm check option, this plum check option disables your touchpad while typing. Because if the cursor may moves if your thumb accidently touch the touchpad.

Even I have same problem while playing games on my NP305E5A-A01US laptop. I am unable to drag the cursor while typing. I have 10.0.7.3 driver touchpad installed in my laptop. When I check the check the setting in control panel I don’t see any option to disable this setting, if there is any setting I think that they have done the best job of hiding it, because I have searched all the option but I haven’t found it. So It will be very help full if you will tell me the place you acquired the alternative drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraj View Post
    Even I have same problem while playing games on my NP305E5A-A01US laptop. I am unable to drag the cursor while typing. I have 10.0.7.3 driver touchpad installed in my laptop. When I check the check the setting in control panel I don’t see any option to disable this setting, if there is any setting I think that they have done the best job of hiding it, because I have searched all the option but I haven’t found it. So It will be very help full if you will tell me the place you acquired the alternative drivers?
    After playing a lot with all the setting I have find the correct registry entry to change. Mine was “5dc” which is hexadecimal for 1500 or one and a half seconds. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\Elantech\OtherSetting\DisableWhenType_DelayTime_Mov e I set this to 0 and then reboot it now I can successfully hold key and continue using touchpad. First I thought that this touchpad problem will solve by doing registry entry disable when it is enable but it don’t work, so you don’t have to tick this option in our control panel.

Yep, you are right changing the registry setting fix this touch pad problem. You just have to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\Elantech\UIFunctionOption and change the value of UI- theme to get more option in UI so change UI- theme to 0 or 1. This will give you options to for 3 figure tapping and many options.

Quote Originally Posted by HamsiniI View Post
    Yep, you are right changing the registry setting fix this touch pad problem. You just have to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\Elantech\UIFunctionOption and change the value of UI- theme to get more option in UI so change UI- theme to 0 or 1. This will give you options to for 3 figure tapping and many options.
    Even I had the same problem so I have found the same solution to fix this problem Changing UI- theme can give you options adjust the click style of touch pad from left to right also you can do palm tracking setting and sensitive setting for version 1 by changing UI- theme.
    Where the version 2 is for dell
    Version 3 is for ultranav ThinkPad
    Version 4 is the default Samsung setting
    Version 5 or above give same result as 0.

You can also directly launch this theme 1 and 4 by accessing in \Program Files\ElanTech. The themes 1 and 4 are, Theme 4 is C:\Program Files\Elantech\ETDSimpleUI.exe. And Theme 1 is C:\Program Files\Elantech\ETDAniConf.exe.