Thread: How to setup LG optimus GT 540 for Android App Development

How to setup LG optimus GT 540 for Android App Development

Hi, I know we can create our own applications for android device just like the emulator! it will need me to have USB drivers for Android Debug Bridge!I read the android developer forum which gave me the some sites that will give me OEM drivers required for application development but I didn’t get the drivers for my phone! i also want my device to get detected on the platforms like Eclipse or virtual devices for developing the applications! I am not finding any drivers on LG website also can you please suggest me any?

Re: How to setup LG optimus GT 540 for Android App Development

I would recommend you to try 1.0 Android drivers which are available on the website. On the website go to “ACG” category there you will find this driver in “driver and resources” option! You should try LG developer community to and see if you can get the drivers required for android application development!

Re: How to setup LG optimus GT 540 for Android App Development

I have found this way to use on the windows operating system:
    1. Download the java SDK(software development kit) from Oracle official website!it will be listed as (JDK) Java Platform !
    2. Now download Android Software Development Kit
    3. Now double click on the USB driver package, now deselect all drivers except the USB driver package and install it. You will need the working internet for this.
    4. Now go to your android device, select applications and go to settings. Enable the “development”
    5. Option and make the “USB Debugging” mode on!
    6. Connect your phone to computer using the USB!
    7. If your phone gets detected then it’s ok or go to my computer and select “manage”
    8. Now go to the System tool it will have the option device manager
    9. In “other devices” list your phone will be listed with exclamatory mark! Go to properties and select the “update driver” option!
    10. Select “Browse my computer for driver software” and “Let me pick from list of device drivers on my computer”
    11. Now click “Next” and then “have disk” ,now select the “android winusb”
    12. After that click on the Next button, select the “update driver” when windows ask you!
    13. To verify that your installation is successful again go to “Device manager”
    14. Select ADB Interface and your phone will be listed as “android ADB Interface”.