Thread: Flash player 11 Disable automatically in Thinkpad T500 during reboot

Flash player 11 Disable automatically in Thinkpad T500 during reboot

I have Thinkpad T500 with windows 7. The Adobe Flash player installed in it disables every time I reboot the system. It is happening on its own. Control Panel it says Flash Player 11.1.102.55. If I want to play YouTube video or anything, the Flash Player tells it needs to be upgraded. If I try in web browser it says that I need a HTML5 support for video playback. To make it correct, I have to re-install the Flash player but after the reboot again the same issue. Is there any fix for this issue?

Re: Flash player 11 Disable automatically in Thinkpad T500 during reboot

Here is my solution and I hope that it will work for you.
    • In windows 7 open the Registry editor by going into the Start > Run > type "regedit" > enter.
    • Find the following Registry Entry:
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{D27CDB6B-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}
    • Select the folder and right click on to choose the permissions option
    • In that box, you will get 2 options: "allow" and "deny"
    • You need to check all the boxes related to the 'allow' column.
    • After the quit Editor and reboot the system.
    • I hope that now the problem has solved.

If you are using the Firefox or internet Explorer (No matter what version it is), I urge you to disable all the add-ons/extensions/plug-ins but not the Flash. Now see if it can make any difference or not. Otherwise Try Chrome browsers if you are not able solve the problem yet.

It seems to me that you have installed both regular Flash Player and the debugger Flash Player. If yes, then there could be confliction between programs which make any one of them to disable at the start up of the system. Make sure that you haven’t installed any additional plug-ins or programs to play flash videos from the browser. Use the Original Adobe Flash only.

Do you know how to do the clean un-installation of Adobe flash player? Do it if you want. Make sure that everything is removed like cache, temp files, folders, registry entries and start up entry. Also type %appdata%\Adobe in the address bar; in that make sure to delete the 'Flash Player' folder. Again type type %appdata%\Macromedia. There also you will get the 'Flash Player' folder. Delete it and see if it can make any changes to your system.

The Flash player plug-in might be disabling each time you restart your computer. It may be due to the cause of other plug-ins or due to the browser itself. ActiveX Filtering may cause this issue. You need to disable it in your Internet Explorer after installing Flash. To do this Open Internet Explorer> Tools > Safety. If ActiveX Filtering is selected, uncheck it and restart IE. After this go to the Manage Add-on options and Enable the Flash plug-in. That’s it, to check it restart your computer.

For your issue there is a pretty simple solution. I will tell you about Internet Explorer and for other browsers the strategy is similar. You have to reset your Internet Explorer settings. To do this: Go to menu, open Tools -> Internet Options. Select the Advanced tab from the top. In that Windows, at the bottom, you will see an option called “Reset”. Click on it. It will direct you to another Window. In that you need to choose “Delete personal settings”, then click “Reset”. Restart the system and see if the flash the still working.

I think that there are multiple entries of Flash plugin in your web browser. You need to check for that. If there are more than one entries present, then this could be confliction between the plug-ins to initiate at the start-up.