Thread: Samsung Focus S 4G is turning off on its own

Samsung Focus S 4G is turning off on its own

I have recently bought Samsung Focus S 4G and it was working fine by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and I have found that it is turning off on its own, I mean sometimes when I am keeping it in the pant pocket then it stays off and I have to turn it on again, I have not yet seen it going off but then I don’t know when it does that, I have found this for more than 3 times today, I am sure that there is something wrong with the phone but then I am not able to track out the cause of the same. Is there anyone who has an idea about this issue?

Re: Samsung Focus S 4G is turning off on its own

I have recently bought Samsung Focus S 4G and it was working fine by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and I have found that it is turning off on its own, I mean sometimes when I am keeping it in the pant pocket then it stays off and I have to turn it on again, I have not yet seen it going off but then I don’t know when it does that, I have found this for more than 3 times today, I am sure that there is something wrong with the phone but then I am not able to track out the cause of the same. Is there anyone who has an idea about this issue?
    Even though it is very unlikely but then there are possibilities that the power button might be getting held long enough for the power off, but then if that’s not an issue then there might be something wrong with the battery connection just make sure that the battery physical connection is proper.

I don’t think that there are possibilities that the button might be getting held long enough for the power off because to power it off the screen needs to be slide and only then the long hold work, so I really don’t think that there is any chance of such incident. I have felt the vibration some times when it used to get turned off in the pant pockets but then it happens randomly, I have not yet found it doing the same when I am doing any task. Is there any workaround that I can try out??

I think that this issue is surely with the battery and I have faced the same with the HTC Arrive, even I was not able to track out if there is something wrong with the battery connection and alter when I was running out of patience I took it to the service center and they said that there is some issue with the battery connection and I had got a replacement for the same, I will suggest you to better contact the service center and see what they have to say about it.

Yes there is no chance of getting it off with the method that is actually needed inside a pocket, if you want then you can surely visit the service center and if you are willing to try out a workaround then you can just try to use belt holster just to check if it is helping or not.