Thread: LG Esteem poor Battery and weird Wi-Fi Connection

LG Esteem poor Battery and weird Wi-Fi Connection

From last one week, I a m using the LG Esteem and I am totally satisfied with all the features of this except two things. Actually the LG Esteem is not amble to hold battery for more than 6 hours and this is very less according to me . I have to charge the battery 2 to 3 times in a day to keep that running. And the second problem that I am facing is with the WiFi. Whenever I turn on the Wifi then it tries to scan as well as connect to some other source instead of my router. I don’t know whether this is just me or there are some other users with the same problem. If you have some idea or solution about this problem then please let me know about that. I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: LG Esteem poor Battery and weird Wi-Fi Connection

I can say anything about the battery but I think that you are too away from your router and that is the reason that it is not connecting to your router. So what you can do is, make sure you are within the range and then try to connect with the router. This time it will not show you the problem.

I think that you are having many of the applications running in the background of your phone and because of that it is consuming more and more battery. So just see that what are the applications running in the background of the phone. If the running application is not of your use then you can simple end that application and see if you get some improvement in the battery performance. Applications which required continues internet connection consumes more battery and that should be closed first (if not needed).

Is your phone remember that what was the last network to which it was attached and then connect to your credentials again while the router is within the range. Have you enabled the "Network Notification", if you have done this then this will inform you when it detect some "Open" network but that will not connect to it.

Just takeout the phone from the battery and see if that is swollen from any of the sites. If that is swollen then this will confirm that the problem is with the battery only and you will need to change the battery with the new one.

I have some other problem with the same phone. I am not able to set the ringtones to the text messages. I want to set different ringtone for the messages from a particular contact but I am not able to do this. All the other phones (not LG) that I am having is capable to do this. Can somebody tell me whether it is possible or not and of possible then how can I do this.

I would like to tell you that the base Android operating system do not allow the custom ringtones to be used for the individual contacts. But if you want to do this then there are some of the add on applications that are able to achieve this. The best app that I can recommend you is the "Handcent" and this is accessible from the Android Market. If you want to give it a try then you can download and install that on your phone. I have not used that but one of my friend is using this and he only told me about this. I hope it will be helpful for you.

This can be made possible with the root access of the phone but that is really very risky as if you root the phone then .you will lose your phone warranty and if you did something wrong then you may also lose your phone.