Thread: Sony Xperia PLAY low battery and adding widget on home screen

Sony Xperia PLAY low battery and adding widget on home screen

hey friends, I am using the Sony Xperia PLAY and I got the low battery message. So I kept that for charging and now it is more than 10 hours of charging but then also when I see the battery level then I can see that it is just showing me the battery level to 87 %. It is not getting 100% charged. Can you tell me that how much time should I charge it to make it 100 percent. Other that this, I have one more problem. I have removed the widget from the home screen so that I can add the power control widget. But when I try to add some widget then it shows me the message that it cannot add the widget to homescreen. If you have some idea regarding this then please let me know that.

Re: Sony Xperia PLAY low battery and adding widget on home screen

The battery of the phone get charged in at most 3 hours and if it is taking that much time then there is really some problem with the battery and you need to change that. And about the widget, I want to tell you that there are some of the widget which take more space in your phone. I think that your phone memory is lacking in terms of the memory and that is the reason that you are facing this problem.

I also agree that the there is short of the phone memory and you will have to free the memory and this will solve the problem for you. What you can do is, just remove the things which are not required to you and this will free some memory from your phone and you will be able to add the widgets after this. Other than this, you can also delete the unwanted messages or move them all to memory card. I hope this will be helpful to you.

There is one trick that you can try with this, What you can do is just remove the battery from your phone and keep that as it is for about 1 minute. After this, insert that back in the phone. Now start your phone and charge that again. I have seen some of the cases where remove and reinserting the battery solved the problem and so I am recommending you the same. I hope that this will do the same for you.

Just remove the battery from the phone and see if that is swollen on any of the side. If this is then lit will confirm that the problem is with the battery only and there is only one thing that you can do for this and that is to change the battery and purchase a new one (if out of warranty).