Thread: Need help with disabling GPRS/EDGE In Nokia 5800

Need help with disabling GPRS/EDGE In Nokia 5800

From last one year I am using Nokia 5800 mobile phone and when I try to disable the GPRS from the connectivity at that time it gets disabled and after some time it gets enabled again. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

re: Need help with disabling GPRS/EDGE In Nokia 5800

I have gone though the problem which you are facing in your mobile phone. If you want to solve this problem then you have to go to the packet data setting in your mobile phone and after that you have to set the packet data connection to when needed from available and after setting the packet data to when needed you have to check whether you get same problem or not. According to me after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

If you need any more help regarding this then let me know.

Well I have checked packet data setting and set it to when needed from always available and after doing that also I get same problem. Now after that also I have also tried to search the solution on the internet but I didn’t get any solution from internet.

In your mobile phone you have to settings of applications like Facebook. Ebuddy or any which requires internet connections and then you have to set to always ask before connecting and after setting that you have to check what the result is.

I was going through from the same problem and after that I have come to know go to the Nokia OVI setting and disable the internet and synchronization and then you have to check the setting there. You have to also make sure that any other application which requires internet connection is not running in background.