Thread: Difference between Sony Xperia Ion and other Smartphones

Difference between Sony Xperia Ion and other Smartphones

There are quite a few Android smartphone coming to the market on 2012. The first phone I seen in this year is Sony Ericsson Xperia Ion from At&T. It contains 12MP as well as Secondary Camera 1.3 MP 720p@30fps. Today I have seen one more phone from At&T SAMSUNG GALAXY S II SKYROCKET HD. It is also a good phone. Can anyone tell me how both are different from one another and also from other smartphones?

Re: Difference between Sony Xperia Ion and other Smartphones

As far as I can say that both phones are excellent and there is no doubt about that. It is little tricky to compare both and conclude the final result. The only feature that makes difference is the Camera. There is quite difference in Camera. Ion has 12MP and Samsung has 8MP. On the other hand Ion comes with 1.3 MP IS 720p HD. 2MP on Samsung is > 720p. Not a big deal on the front camera. However the Ion’s capacitive buttons look terrible.

I would like to compare Sony Xperia Ion with Motorola Droid 4. Both are great phone and hard to choose the winner. The best thing in is D4 is True HD screen.

I am not saying that QHD screens are bad, but when it is evaluated with other phones it is hard to compare the 2. By examining the overall feature I can say that ION is the best phone. It is an impressive phone with awesome specs.

There is always confusion on selecting ION and other android phone like Motorola Droid 4 or SAMSUNG GALAXY S II SKYROCKET HD. The main thing you need to consider here is about the functionality of the phone. D4 has a keyboard and for chatter it would be the reason to go for D4 over ION. If you are not looking for Keyboard based phone then I must say purchase ION. One more advantage over IOS is it has gig of RAM and a dual core processor. The ION comes with LCD screen @ 720 x 1280 resolutions whereas the D4 is made with pentile screen @ 540 x 960. There is no difference in 4G LTE network.

Once I confused between two phones that is Sony Xperia S as well as SONY Xperia ION. By comparing features and specs, both phones scored well. The common things in both handsets are LED-backlit LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, and 720 * 1280 pixels. Xperia S has 4.3 inched screen but Xperia ION has little bigger 4.55 inched screen. Both phones weigh the same. Sony confirmed that it will going to release Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 firmware update for both phones. Now both are running only with latest Gingerbread 2.3 firmware

For me in android phone, the main thing I will consider is the Camera quality. Yesterday I looked into the Xperia ION and Samsung Galaxy Nexus. IOS 12 MP Camera but lacking in Android 4.0 Ice cream Sandwich. Other than this it lacks with the “zero shutter delay” feature.

There is 5 MP Camera in Samsung Galaxy Nexus but the good thing is it comes with direct-to-camera screen unlock and zero shutter delay which you cannot see in ION.

By seeing reviews and forum articles it is very hard to compare Xperia IOS with other phones. In order to see and get the perfect comparison, you should check out the comparison videos available either on Youtube or some other sites. There you can notice the actual difference between 2 phones.

After seeing several articles on different forums I finally come to conclusion that there is no other phone which is compatible to compete with Xperia ION so far. Droid 4 has some amount of features and functionality but does not differentiate the ION. The current comparisons only with Xperia ION vs Motorola Droid D4 vs Galaxy Nexus vs GALAXY S II SKYROCKET HD. Nothing else.

Today I looked in to the Sony Xperia Ion and Sony Ericsson Xperia Nozomi. Generally both phones looks similar. You cannot tell the name of the phone just by seeing the pic of it. Both phones specs and features are almost same. However the Sony Ericsson Xperia Nozomi little smaller than Ion. This is the phone which you can go for if you don’t wanna buy the ION.