Thread: Unable to connect to Wi-Fi since update Sony Xperia PLAY

Unable to connect to Wi-Fi since update Sony Xperia PLAY

I'm having this problem in fact, and ever from the time when the latest 2.3.4 update however I believe it was happening before I updated. I have ever since removed the entire encryption on my router plus I am yet having problem keeping connection - I have linked previous to, just a week before or so. I believe it's a router problem however I am not certain as to why. I am going to attempt to use another router, an open free hotspot downtown tomorrow. If that works after that I will report my achievement however I do experience there is a small problem with this handset at least connecting to some routers.

Re: Unable to connect to Wi-Fi since update Sony Xperia PLAY

I purchases this phone at present, and works great but for some reason while i go to join to my Wi-Fi at my house, it effort to join, but after about 15 seconds it just say "Disconnected" while it should say "Connected to Bowers" Does anyone familiar with what i can do to repair this and make it keep on connected. By the way, my handset says the connection is excellent. Before this

Hey can you tell me this is your network Open or else password protected? Did you attempt connecting to a another Wi-Fi network?

The problem isn't the Wi-Fi router.. I was having the similar problem ... With the present build. there look as if to be a issue while Connecting to a router . To solve it, replace the router configuration all the time . otherwise remain until the dev figure it out with the then update My Xperia play worked perfectly with release 2.3.3 , currently updated to 2.3.4, having knowledge problem mention on top .

This is annoying. The handset one way or another isn't able to be allocate an ip address on your local wi fi network. someway the DHCP process connecting the handset plus the router is not working fine. Are you capable to assign the handset a static ip address as a work about? perhaps that could work. Can't believe of something else currently.

Has anybody else also see the terrible Wi-Fi ability of the Xperia play? usually I pretty much must be in the similar room as my router in order to have a respectable internet-connectivity. once there's one thing wooden wall among the router and my play i have almost no connectivity. it have to do with the handset programming? Would a dissimilar kernel fix things? I'd be happy for any sort of input. Thanks in advance!

I become aware of if I leave the display locked for a while, the Wi-Fi shuts off. I’ presume sonyericsson make it like that on reason to save battery. My cause for idea that is because it by no means cuts out while in make use of it.

You can repair this frequently by re position your Wi-Fi router. For who doesn’t familiar with search for how Wi-Fi signals travel around your house. earlier than you drill holes in your floor. You can also stuff a laptop Wi-Fi antenna in your play. There was a software hack for growing output from Wi-Fi tx=100 or somewhat however that was in froyo and not certain. I guess you can Google tx power hack android

I've know this. It is the similar technique for the cellular service. It's absurd how small the bars are. Though, the actual data transferred is very high. I've done a few research and it look as if that the bar count is low for high connection. plus the bar is high for incredibly high connection.

I had same issue with my Xperia play Wi-Fi constancy. the update did not do something about it. i follow a few advices . particularly to download dissimilar apps to accurate the issue, however it did not work either. what worked for me, was simply unplugging the router from the socket and plugging it back.

Make sure the Wi-Fi is broadcasting on the 2.4ghz frequency. Make sure your wireless router is broadcasting the SSID. If it is for a different frequency then it is impossible because it is on the hardware level.