Thread: keyboard letters are invisible in Nokia N9

keyboard letters are invisible in Nokia N9

I have recently purchased Nokia N9 and I am very keen to discover this great Smartphone. I have purchased this mobile because it is loaded with great features. I was very happy with my mobile until yesterday when I was using the keyboard I found out that the secondary letters are invisible. It was very annoying for me too see this as this is one of the best cell phone in its league. Can anyone suggest what should I do??? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: keyboard letters are invisible in Nokia N9

I think you should install VKB keyboard tweak application as it offers you great virtual keyboard quality. It is a Laser Projection keyboard which is very easy to use. You should perform a "hard" reset on your mobile. While keyboard is on insert end reset the rubber flap on lower right side. Wait for beep and then gently pick up keyboard, wait for it to turn off. Place on table and turn it on. The keyboard is now ready to use. Give me your feedback if it works.

No dude, the VBK keyboard tweak is not working on my phone. I tried many times to go back to my regular keyboard but that didn't work for me. I don’t have any backup also so what should I do now?? It is very annoying for me. Please anyone help me.

You should try the following process and see if it helps:

• You should fix no value bounce
    • Clean the value bounce
    • Fix and extend white key in vkb
    • Improve the menu system
    • Add wifi powersave and off the loop

I will suggest you to use Swype. Swype is a fast way to texting. It lets you create a word by drawing through letters. You should put your finger on the first letter of the word and draw a path from letter to letter, and lift up after the last letter. Swype will automatically insert spaces wherever necessary. For each key on the keyboard you have three sets of entry options called press, press-hold, and press-long hold for better usage. This technology enables users to input words faster and easier than other data input methods at 40 words/min.

I will suggest you that you should download and install N9Tweak application. It is a user friendly application specially made for Nokia N9. It has the following features:

• It adds adhoc at start up
    • Boost the playback volume
    • You can easily change the statusbar clock
    • You can tweak the clock, date and bounce of the lock-screen
    • You should set “allow other sources” on the settings of your mobile and active the developer mode
    • Kindly update the latest version

I am facing the same issue. I installed n9tweak but I am unable to see the character countdown as you said. Is there anyway to fix this issue VBK keyboard? How can I come back to original state with all the information available? Countdown character is missing in my keyboard.

I am still unable to fix this issue. I am still facing the same issue. I installed the n9tweak application but it too didn’t help. I think I am not properly setting the settings. If I reach to next level I will inform you. Thanks a lot guys for your help. Really appreciated.