Thread: skype 2.6 can send photos and video

skype 2.6 can send photos and video

At last skype has officially declared that they are going to release the new and the latest version of skype 2.6. But we are more thrilled to hear that the new version is going to have some of the breath taking features. One of them is that we can send photos and video from our android smartphone to other devices having the skype application. That mean at last now it is possible to share your special moment spent together with your families and friends. I just wanted to know you view points on this latest released news about skype. Does this new feature make any difference in your day to day life?

rajni Guest

Re: skype 2.6 can send photos and video

First I thought that this latest feature introduced by skype is not going to be advantageous to the common people. But later when I came to know that this entire feature is for free, it works over mobile internet or Wi-Fi. So the only place you need to spend money is in your internet plan.
    Not just the android smartphones but also you can send photos and videos to the other PC and Mac using Skype.

If you are unaware then let me tell you that not just photos and videos but also you can send other files and data and also can view them whenever you are somewhere out on a trip. Not just sending photos, videos and file but also they have improved video quality on devices using NVIDIA’s Tegra 2 chipset which includes other devices Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Motorola XOOM and Acer Iconia Tablet. As it is we use to get better video qualities but now you can enjoy the big screen advantage either much better video or image quality.

No doubt the skype developers are trying their best to make this latest application the best one to have the best video and image quality. They are trying hard to increase the list of white listed devices and handsets for having the video support.
    According to the information I got, the latest devices included are HTC Amaze 4G, Motorola DROID 4 and Motorola DROID RAZR. There is also possibility of non whitelisted handsets getting the support of video calling when they start up skype. Anyone having android device with version 2.2 froyo can easily have access to skype video calling for free.

To be frank, for me it doesn’t matter what features they add and how big the features are but the only thing I wanted was the ability to exit skype, it should not just be able to logout by remembering my password but also to do it without having to kill the associated process or service.

I would suggest skype to first improve their existing features and make them more usable to the customers. Till now the main functions of this application has been failed poorly. You can take the example of the basic function and advantage we get from skype, calling; if I am not mistaken above 70 to 80% of the skype user facing automatic disconnection of call after 40 to 50 seconds.
    This was the worst and the most irritating problem I ever faced while using skype application.

Yes it happened with me too. Whenever I use to make a call through skype, it use to get disconnected automatically and when tried to re-connect, a message appeared that the other user is busy. It happened with me a lot in both of my HTC Desire and Sensation phone.
    There were several other problems which the skype users use to face while using this application. My problems were limited to calling and also sometime the whole app use to get crashed or closed automatically. I think the developers need to first focus on the existing problem and sort them out in the next version of skype that is to be released only if they want to retain their existing genuine customers. But if this continues then I don’t think there will be any more users left with them to sell out their application in future.