Thread: Motorola Droid x2 recovery mode

Motorola Droid x2 recovery mode

I was doing some experiment with the recovery mode in Motorola Droid x2 but as I am new to this so I don’t know that what are the different menu options in this and how this can be done. If you can provide me some more information about this then I will really be thankful for this. Please reply with the description.

Re: Motorola Droid x2 recovery mode

If you are having some problem with the recovery mode and you wish to recover that then you can do the software reset and below are the steps to do this.
    1. On the Home screen, press the Menu button, then tap Settings.
    2. On the Settings screen, select the Privacy option. Will be presented with a list of options such as "Back up my data", "Automatic Restore" and "reset to factory data."
    3. Press option "Factory data reset" to reset the phone settings. This will erase all data stored in the internal memory of your laptop, which will include things like your Google Account, your application data, applications downloaded from Android Market, and your system files. Be sure to check the box for "Back up my data" so that it will backup all phone data.
    4. On the next screen you will be given the opportunity also to format / erase all data stored in the USB . If you want to do the second step, make sure the box "Format USB storage" has a check mark.
    5. Press the "reset phone".
    6. You reach the last screen before the actual phone reset. In this screen, you will have the last chance to cancel the process. If you really want to go ahead, tap the "Clear All".
    7. The phone will automatically restart after.

If you wish to perform the hardware rest then here is the way to do this. The method of hard reset is a bit 'tricky because you need to press multiple buttons simultaneously.
    1. Turn off the phone.
    2. Press and hold the X button Holding down the X button and press and hold the power button. Do not release the buttons. The phone will start and you will see a triangle on the screen. This indicates that the phone is going into recovery mode.
    3. Still holding down the X button and power button, press the volume up and the camera's shutter button once to bring up the options menu. You can release the buttons once the menu will open.
    4. Navigate through the options using the directional pad.
    5. Select "Format" from the options to restore the phone.

If you know properly that how to restore the phone then only proceed with that otherwise you might be in a big trouble with the phone. To have better understanding of the process, it is recommended to watch some videos on youtube and that will give you better understanding of the process.

The most important thing with the ;process is that, you will have to take the backup of the phone data so that you should not lose any of the crucial data.

I would like to tell you that manual of the phone is the best source to get the information of this. Just go to the reset section and you will get all the information from this.