Thread: Skype has stopped working on Samsung Galaxy S

Skype has stopped working on Samsung Galaxy S

Recently I have downloaded Skype Android app on Samsung Galaxy S. I got an error message ‘Skype has stopped working. Would you like to sign in again or exit Skype?’ with two option Sign in and Exit. I am running Android 2.1 on my device. Any help to fix the matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Skype has stopped working on Samsung Galaxy S

Well I am suspecting that Skype which you have installed on the device might be not downloaded properly. So I recommend that you should uninstall Skype from the device and download Skype from the Android market.

I think I got perfect solution for you. You have mentioned that you have installed android 2.1 on your computer and that is the root cause of the problem. Well you need to have Android 2.2 on your phone to run Skype on your computer. Android 2.2 is having an ability to use rear-facing camera. So update your phone of yours and after that Skype would work on your phone without having any issue.

Hi,
    I have exactly the same problem with a 7 inch Galaxy Tab tablet, but using Android 2.3.5. Thus, it must be something else besides the Android version. Any suggestions, please?
    Thanks
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by BzDan View Post
    Hi,
    I have exactly the same problem with a 7 inch Galaxy Tab tablet, but using Android 2.3.5. Thus, it must be something else besides the Android version. Any suggestions, please?
    Thanks
    Dan
    Which version of skype have you installed, I would recommend you to install the latest version of skype since the old versions were not supported on the new generation tablets. Alternately have you tried using an alternative application called Tango which works similarly like the skype application does.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Hi,
    Thank you for trying to help.
    It's Skype Ver. 2.7.0.907 downloaded this week from Android market.

The tablet is a Galaxy Tab with Marvel883V331 CPU (an old tablet, I think it's discontinued now).

I have not tryied Tango. Does it connect with Skype users, or they have to have Tango, too?

Dan
    Last edited by BzDan; 11-03-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Can anyone reply please with a solution? I unimstalled it and reinstalled again - Same problem.
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by BzDan View Post
    I unimstalled it and reinstalled again - Same problem
    Seems Strange As Skype is officially now available for Android systems, it should work on the Tab. Also you are using the latest version of skype that is available on Google play (2.7.0.907). There are some users facing few problems for example video calling not working, mic not working, etc... BTW, what is your problem ? I mean after installing its just not working or you getting some kind of error on launching, connecting etc ???

It installs OK. It starts, I type in name (no dots in the Skype name) and passord, click on sign in, it tries for a few seconds then I get the same meesage as mentioned above: ‘Skype has stopped working. Would you like to sign in again or exit Skype'?
    If I try to sign in again, I get the same message.

I tried to set-up and use a new account ..... the same thing.

I un-installed it and tried a few older versions: 1.0.0.831, 1.0.0.614. It remains at "Signing In" ... I tried creating a new account...it gets to "Initializing"....and it stays there....Went back one step, created a new account (no dots, no dashes in the Skype name), clicked on the create account...got the message "The application Skype has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

I tried a modified one ( 2.0.0.47-signed )...it starts, I enter name and password, it starts signing in...then, after a sec or two, it crashes.

The tablet is not rooted.

Don't know what else to do. Is there only a specific version that would work with this tablet? Is there anything I can do?

Thx,
    Dan

Re: Skype has stopped working, Galaxy tab

Anyone could please help with my problem?

Thank you.

Skype is facing issue with certain Android versions. That is related to the connectivity and installation. I hope you can find some later updates for the Android OS and then run skype on it. Skype site also provides a list of devices which it supports. There were also many bugs for Galaxy Tab 10.1 which installing skype on it. I think skype might be working on the same.