Thread: Nokia N9 gets small and blurry picture messages (MMS) on T-mobile

Nokia N9 gets small and blurry picture messages (MMS) on T-mobile

Hi guys
    I’m living in the US having the T-Mobile as my mobile carrier . and the The picture messages that I get on the N9 are very tiny. How can I make them happen bigger? I've checked all the settings and can't locate the answer . can anyone her help me on this . this is really very frustrating . a Help is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Nokia N9 gets small and blurry picture messages (MMS) on T-mobile

I have the same problem with my hand set. Basically, the technique to make it operational is for T-Mobile to put in the N9 profile. Or maybe it’s likely someway to imitate another. However certainly there is no user nearby setting for that. Main thing is shouting at T-Mobile is most likely the simple solution. In fact if you do an online search for, mms blurry there lot of people that having this same issue N9, among others. Obviously must not be high on their priority list..

I'm not certain if this is only me or what the issue is however I am on T-Mobile prepaid for pretty long time And when I get a MMS it for all time gets resized plus become tiny as well as blurry , can anybody know what's reason for this? I typically still have a fine 60mb left on the 100mb of data by the ending of the month so it's not that...

It happened on my HTC Desire S as well

This occur to me on my Nokia N9, and even my other, so for the last 2 years or so. I've just sort of accepted it I hardly ever make use of MMS, and while I require getting an image in HQ from a friend's handset to mine, I generally just e-mail it. I'd love a answer though.

I'm having this similar issue on T-Mobile with my Galaxy Nexus and also had the similar problem on my Nokia N9. I read somewhere in the net that it's an problem with an unidentified user agent, T-Mobile do not familiar with the handset you're using since it's not one of theirs so they restrict the picture size or treat it similar to a feature handset . I can't appear to work out how to change user agent for messaging so if anybody has a answer, I'd love to have it. Thanks.

while I get images on MMS over my N9 using T-Mobile USA, they at first show like small thumbnails, but if I click on them and open them in the photo viewer application, they appear full size.

I never had this issue with MMS in BlackBerry Bold I get full-sized 4mp images and yet tried sending an picture from my N9 to other friends T-mobile LG Optimus which expected the original size N9 photo, no problem. I'm trying to work out this is really very irritating is with my N9, to no benefit at this instant.

At the time I tap on the message in my text conversation the place where I then save the file ? Or in the e gallery application? I feel there Maybe something I miss to the extent that APN and service settings go. I unable to get more than a thumbnail that use a tiny portion of the screen.

Even I am also in the T-Mobile too and mms worked fine to me . I am getting the full sized MMS and I having very little issue with the app, particularly after it gained auto configuration option that help me a lot . Actually, the initial thing I did while I first got small mms on my N900 was to setting the handset with mms settings from my N900. Didn't work certainly. I ma using the unlock and imported phone on the T mobile and few of my phone stared to get the small size MMS and after that I start to get the regular size as T-Mobile updated their handset database. I believe there's hope yet for the N9.

The issue is not precise to the N9 it’s a T-Mobile problem. Any handset model that Is not in the T-Mobile data base will automatically get the tiny MMS with very low resolution trough the server side . so to get the regular size MMS T-Mobile should have the model register in their local data base .

I think that you should connect to the Linux machine and open the every file you could that is related to the MMS on the handset and after that just search for the faction called agent. Don’t forget to create the back up of the original file previous to editing plus if you export the file to windows be certain that you use an editor that will retain Linux permissions.IDK is what the name of the definite program name is although since it is included in discussion it may not even be called mms ...the real name for conversations in Fremantle is rtcom-messaging.