Thread: Connecting 3G in Aakash Tablet or Ubislate Android Devices

Connecting 3G in Aakash Tablet or Ubislate Android Devices

I have recently purchased aakash tablet and overall this tablet is good but the only problem is that we cannot use SIM card in this tablet and because of that I cannot use 3G, in this tablet there is USB port given and I want to know that is it possible to use 3G USB Dongle with Akash tablet? If anyone have any idea then please let me know.

Re: Connecting 3G in Aakash Tablet or Ubislate Android Devices

I have referred your query and I think you will be able to use USB 3G dongle with your Aakash tablet. As far as I know Aaksh tablet will not work with CDMA EVDO based Dongles but you can try Vodafone 3G dongle with this tablet. I hope this information will be helpful for you.

I don’t know whether this will work with Akash tablet but you can try this solution.

First you have to connect the USB 3G dongle with your tablet and after that you have to go to the settings in your table and then you have to go to the Wireless & Network Settings. Now after going in to the Wireless & Network Settings you have to see whether there is any option for enabling 3G or not. If there is option for 3G then you have to check that option and after that you have select Access Point Names. Now you have to check enter all the details there about your network provider and then check whether you are able to use internet or not.

While trying this solution you have to make sure that WIFI is not enabled.

I have connected my 3G USB modem with my tablet and after that I have disabled WIFI in my tablet. Now after that I have noticed that there is no option for 3G. is there any other way to use USB 3G modem with this tablet? if anyone have solution then please help me.

Thank you in advance.

We cannot use 3G USB dongle with Akash tablet and as there is no option for 3G in the settings. I am looking for ubislate 7+ because we can use SIM card and ubislate 7+ have fast processor then Ubislate(Aakash) table. I hope this information will be helpful for you.