Thread: Still didn't receive UbiSlate 7, even after booking

Still didn't receive UbiSlate 7, even after booking

I booked tow UbiSlate 7 through online on December 20th 2011 for Rs. 2999 each. I was supposed to get it by the early week of January but it’s still undelivered at my place.
    My question is when I will be getting it. How long the process goes on from the time of booking to delivery. Almost one month passed away but still I didn’t receive any mail or information from the concerned person regarding the delivery.

Re: Still didn't receive UbiSlate 7, even after booking

I booked it on December 10th 2011. Till now I just got the booking id and no other information is provided to me other than this. In fact the booking id was given to me at the time of booking i.e. 10th Dec. As far as I know i guess I am the first one on the first delivery list. Even I was told that I will be getting my delivery by January but I am not receiving any response from them.
    If you logically, I should be getting my delivery earlier than the other customers who booked after me but I am now at the same position where other are standing. Can anyone tell me when I will be getting my tablet?

For your kind information the delivery of UbiSlate 7 has not yet started anywhere in India and it is clearly mentioned everywhere that UbiSlate 7 will be releasing in the market between January to February. As half of the January month is passed away, you can expect the exact date of delivery by the end of this month. So you can get the delivery of your product by first or second week of February.

Thanks for the reply, but I have another doubt. I booked my ubiSlate 7 online and I just received a booking id through the mail sent from the Data Wind team. I reside at Bangalore, my question is that how I will come to know that when I will be getting the delivery of my product. And how will you deliver the product do I need to go somewhere to get it?

You don’t have to worry about anything. It’s the Data Wind team’s job to look out for; I guess you will be getting a confirmation mail some 1 week or 3 days before you get your product delivered. Or else you may get a confirmation call to get your booking order confirmed.
    But remember to keep your booking id with whenever you receive the call because I think that’s the only proof you have with you.

I loved the new version of aakash tablet 7. It’s quite amazing and I am very much excited to buy it. Most of my friends are buying it for internet access as they all have a Wi-Fi connection at their home but I don’t have it instead I have a wired connection for internet. But I doubt whether it is possible to connect internet through wire in UbiSlate 7 because I heard that there is no port existing in UbiSlate7 for connecting internet cable. If it’s true then definitely buying this tablet for me is totally useless as after buying this tablet I can’t afford to buy a Wi-Fi modem.

Sorry to disappoint you my friend but yes you are right. As you said there is no port existing in this tablet for the internet cable to get connected. If you are buying this tablet just for the sake of internet purpose then of course it’s of no use unless and until you have a Wi-Fi connection or using a SIM internet. the best way to connect internet is GPRS using a 3G.