Thread: iPhone heavy data usage on AT&T

iPhone heavy data usage on AT&T

With the modify to the data plans, i determined to see at my data usage on my iPhone. What i have establish is strange and a bit concerning. generally my data usage is very much nothing, apart from for somewhat that happen every morning about 3 or 4 am. , something occur around 1 or 2 am all morning, i just don’t familiar with what it is. The quantity of data being transfer is actually high if you ask me, as high as 81214KB. I called AT&T support and they said it was the handset updating or mail is downloaded, mainly they have no thought. I have the mail set to fetch physically previously. anyhow can anyone here tell me what is going on???

Re: iPhone heavy data usage on AT&T

It is the handset giving the diagnostic data to Apple. I was on the handset a long time with ATT yesterday regarding this. They had no thought. But after being given to Tech Support there they contacted to the Apple while I waited. There is no query that's what it is, they said. however are we to be billed for it once the meter starts running? As of the past morning they had no idea!

The diagnostic was a deliberate check box when the receiver was first set up.

The stuff that i don't catch is that at house, the iPhone operate WIFI over my home network. So why at 1 or 2 am while the handset is on the charger at my house , is there these massive data transfers on the the 3G network? This is really huge data for stats, i have a few nights at 30 MB, 40 MG, even 80 MB. I am going to make certain the handset is set to carry manually, but outer of that, i can't picture what is going on.

There is lot of people same problem, ive seen a few suggested solutions
    • Just turn off 'cellular data' at the time of night
    • Or make it on 'airplane' mode
    • just shut it down

That must do the trick however the one that might give the slightest harass if you don’t want to turn off your handset totally would be the OFF setting for cellular data. Hope this assist, and locate a solution to your issue .

I've just used 50MB of cellular data that's incoming as well as outgoing combine in the past 5 days since I got my handset.

Are the people being affect by this stopping apps by pressing Home two times and clearing out that list? I do each time I get complete using an app.

Just an thought.

similar issue here, just establish it occur every 4to 5 nights around midnight . Having to shut the handset all night is going to be a actual trouble. I expect Apple work out a real answer soon. My buddy who has a Samsung galaxy based on android does not have this issue

I have just got the a text from my carrier saying I have make my 2 GB of data in only 6 days. I have not been doing no matter which different just upgraded to iOS 5. I'm moreover going to have to downgrade or improve my data. Still it was sucking my data very less it’s the entire iMessage and notification center.

Cellular data practice is throughout the top, yet with it and 3G set to "OFF" in my settings! as well, my iPhone 4 lose battery power at a really accelerated rate. previous to iOS5 I could typically take it off the charger in the morning, take it to work, make use of it rarely to check face book plus call , make use of a couple of apps, and come house before I required to charge it over again.

I have the similar issue. Just finished my the entire of my data plan in just below 3 days when connected to my local Wi-Fi network. I started shutting off the Cellular Data plus only turning it on at the time of driving. A 30 min journey with handset in my pocket used up to another 20MB.

That's accurate I have been listen to stream music when the handset is in sleep mode and don’t use the 3G data. It's just following to the upgrading to iOS5 that I being using huge amount of cell data when connect to my home Wi-Fi.