Thread: How to get personalized text alert on Sony Ericsson xperia arc s

How to get personalized text alert on Sony Ericsson xperia arc s

I am using a Sony Xperia Arc S smartphone and I wanted to know about how can I get a personalised/seperate sms alert tones for each individual contact on this phone. I have assigned personalised ringtones for most of the contacts and it works fine. But I want to assign the same for incoming SMS as well. Is there anyway to do this. Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Re: How to get personalized text alert on Sony Ericsson xperia arc s

There are many apps that you can download from play store market for doing the things that you want. There is an app called Handcent SMS that supports all the features of SMS and MMS, including attachments such as photos, videos and sounds, and includes predefined templates for faster SMS texting. It recognizes words and even allows you to read messages. Selecting contacts and groups is simple and you can sync your contacts too. Moreover, it is possible to send group messages and you can customize ringtones, vibrate, LED, wallpapers, etc; according to your choice. Handcent SMS packs supports for additional fonts to display your messages. It has other useful features such as blacklist, a search function for SMS and MMS and much more. Note that the software is constantly evolving and new features are being developed as well.

Re: How to get personalized text alert on Sony Ericsson xperia arc s

Are you trying to say that you are looking for the notification ones? If so then you can go to the Settings and then Default Notification and select Sound Picker. After that inside the sound picker touch the music icon on the top right side and then choose the music that you want to set for the notification message on your mobile phone, it will be played once you get any notification.

I think that you can also put audio files in the Notifications folder in your phone and then it will show up when you open the list to change the sound of notification messages. Similarly you can create a folder named Alarms and then put the audio files in it and choose it as the defaul alarm tone in your phone.