Thread: Verizon won't release BlackBerry PIN without pre-existing customer info

Verizon won't release BlackBerry PIN without pre-existing customer info

I have purchased a used blackberry from my friend. The phone is already unlocked by ATT. I used my sim card and it works. But after few days I ran into issues. The phone’s browser and MMS not working properly. It soon got resolved. Now I am not able to configure the Email. It shows me a message sying that “account is already taken”. For that reason I have called the Blackberry support team and they told me that Verizon release the PIN. After giving them proper info everything becomes normal. So it seems to me that the Verizon will not release the PIN until you give pre existing customers info

Re: Verizon won't release BlackBerry PIN without pre-existing customer info

The release of the PIN / IMEI is done by the BIS, so if you plan DTOs and BIS account, you will have no problem. The release of the device is done with software called MFI.

I can tell you one thing. You have told that the former person who was using your BB had it on AT&T BIS. So by looking at it I don’t think that PIN is still associated with Verizon. You might be trying to configure the email using the default Email Setup app which is pre-installed on the BB. So the issue is with the app only, not about the phone or network. You need to try by visiting the AT&T BIS portal website. Now you should check the PIN. If it is still not working, then assume that someone lied to you.

I have a Digitel SIM and I joined the BIS plan to use a BIS MOVISTAR sim active and would like to know if Ajur must be an active sim with BIS DIGITEL to work with my SIM because I did all the steps as 2 times and movistar SIM from my friend worked on my phone . My SIM is perfect but I cannot and I did all the steps but still I cannot create my account on DIGITEL BIS.