Thread: Is there any method to minimize T-Mobile data charges on Blackberry 9900 during overseas

Is there any method to minimize T-Mobile data charges on Blackberry 9900 during overseas

Hello friends, i wanted to know that is there any method to minimize the data charges, whenever i just go out for trip and use the phone for internet then i always get the bill of data charges more 200$. So i wanted some method due to which my data charges bill be very minimum. Does anyone know about it then please tell me, so that i can do it for me. Thank you.

Re: Is there any method to minimize T-Mobile data charges on Blackberry 9900 during overseas

I am searching for it and try to make it happen, even i have to go out for trip so it will be very useful to get it worked for me. I can suggest you that you can use wi-fi of the phone when you are on roaming and also switched off the data during that time, for that you need you need to turn mobile network off and do the setting to Wi-Fi only. When you are done with this setting then this will be sure that you will be able surf internet with Wi-fi and also to text and call. If also you have purchased any of the International email plan then it will work for email only, not for calling / texts or any other data or browser. So if you are for that plan then be sure about it and go.

Re: Is there any method to minimize T-Mobile data charges on Blackberry 9900 during overseas

If you are going for Wi-Fi connection preference then let me tell you that it will be applied only to voice calls. Such that when you are been connected to Wi-Fi then phone will be trying to attempt to route BIS data using Wi-Fi in place of phone network. I believe that the WAP data is always routed with use of phone network unless the phone is UMA connection. I always do turn OFF the data service whenever i am on Roaming to avoid any of international data charges. So when i connect through Wi-Fi when in hotel or in cafe then BIS connects using it and all the pending BB e-mail gets delivered, so international plan required.

I have the T-Mobile email add-on, so that i can cover all my e-mail but the data plan is killing with the cost. I think that i will try to switch off data services and just get on Wi-Fi.

I have gone for a trip then $19.95 add-on blackberry unlimited international email service which can be used in 9700 bold to check email. There are many of the data plan for a period of month which charge $70 which is no longer available. So i would suggest that you take some better plan on roaming.

I wanted to know that when you take the plan it will see only the data of e-mail or web or BBM or google maps? I have tried with Sprint it has cost me $40 and was able to get everything. I was also switching to T-Mobile, this what i think to do but also make it worry that it will charge me more. Whereas i find google maps to be powerful tool. It is been best to use during roaming.

I know that you can use Sprint then you will be able to use on some phones when you are overseas. I do not believe that there unlimited international data plan for just cost of $40. I have tried to search on their website was not able to find it. Well with Blackberry all emails are been proceed though RIM servers which are unlimited. It will charge something $15/mb for other data. But there is no international plan on T-Mobiles. I think that AT&T was used to having which is not there now.

If you forward to call to Voice Mail, as most of people do on international traveling, then you will be not charged for that. If someone from your contacts or other have leave a message then you will be getting icon that says you have VoiceMail waiting, but you will be not charge for that. So once you receive the message and you wait for a Wi-Fi network, once got the connect then do the calls which you wanted to do.

You will get T-Mobile Blackberry plan for least 3 times/yr, it will be charging you for 19.99/mo pro rated for the time you are overseas. You can call the customer care and tell then that to activate the plan, but you activated day before you intend to land overseas and also deactivated when you will be coming back to home. This is safe and also best for you. If you activate this plan then covers ALL email, sending also receiving. Even you send mails with the attachment. But also make sure that there is no other data plan is running in the background.

there's the rub. The last thing which i will need it for you to realize some background task was using data I didn't consider, and find a $750 bill for 50 megs of data.