Thread: Sprint should remove the spyware rootkit ‘Carrier IQ’ installed in my phone

Sprint should remove the spyware rootkit ‘Carrier IQ’ installed in my phone

In case if anyone of you don’t know here then sprint has installed a spyware rootkit named as carrier iq in majority of the sprint phones. Now what is the duty of the carrier iq is that it has the logs of all the data that we have in the phone that includes all our text messages, videos, emails, locations, application use, Web browser history and pretty much everything. Also it has got information about the encrypted sites that we visit. Now all these data are stored in a private database of the carrier iq people and later transferred to the sprint people. Now carrier iq itself is a third party application. I simply don’t understand what was the need to do this and also there has been nothing mentioned as if what they are going to do about this data. Now this has violated all our privacy rights and I must say that sprint is exploiting our privacy policies and hence I have created a thread to remove this kind of spyware that is installed in the roms of the android and iPhones.

sad Re: Sprint should remove the spyware rootkit ‘Carrier IQ’ installed in my phone

Dude are you serious about this? If that turns out to be true then it is seriously going to be a severe issue. I mean don’t you all guys know how to remove it manually? Any thoughts on this.

Re: Sprint should remove the spyware rootkit ‘Carrier IQ’ installed in my phone

Quote Originally Posted by Ikshana View Post
    Dude are you serious about this? If that turns out to be true then it is seriously going to be a severe issue. I mean don’t you all guys know how to remove it manually? Any thoughts on this.
    A custom ram is said to be a remedy for this solution but don’t know some people are claiming that even that is not going to help at all. You can just try with the creation of a custom rom in the phone, so try that and let me know if that was of use for you or not.

Re: Sprint should remove the spyware rootkit ‘Carrier IQ’ installed in my phone

Quote Originally Posted by Ikshana View Post
    If you are having a Samsung phone then this thread will help you to some extent. Do look at the solutions that are given In that thread.