Thread: How to play Blu-Ray DVDs using MediaSmart DVD on HP DVX series laptop

How to play Blu-Ray DVDs using MediaSmart DVD on HP DVX series laptop

It seems to me that now my HP DV7 Laptop does not able to play Blu-Ray DVD's. Currently it is installed with HP MediaSmart DVD software. The thing is when I put the Blu-Ray Disk inside the drive, it will load properly and the MediaSmart DVD will start but after that it will ask for update. If I click Yes, the pop-up will close and blank screen appears. If I click on the play button, nothing will come up on screen. If I decline the update, the pop-up reappears once again. Am I missing any drivers here?

Re: How to play Blu-Ray DVDs using MediaSmart DVD on HP DVX series laptop

I think that it is some kind of bug in MediaSmart DVD software. If the auto update does not work very well, then it would show this kind of issues to people. For more information, the MediaSmart DVD is developed by Cyberlink. Users are still posting about several frustrating problems. The issue is not only about the HP but other manufacturers are also complaining about the same.

I had the same problem on my computer that I bought 3 months ago there was the norton anti-virus. I had for 3 months free service so that I cancel norton anti-virus and I put Kaspersky anti-virus and now it works I think it came from the ant-virus norton which blocked the opening of the media program MATS (Music Video Photo).

Try to search the site of HP entering your model and select your operating system, download and install the latest version of HP MediaSmartDVD, BIOS and graphics. That will be solved. Good luck!

There is an easy solution for this problem. I cannot guarantee about it but you should try it by yourself. First of all run HP Health Check and see whether it is able to find an update for mediasmart. It should work. If not, you can go for the manual method. Open Mediasmart DVD and go to the bottom of mediasmart. There you will notice * { Settings} and choose update. I hope that this time media smart should find an update. It would be very helpful if you tell us what kind of blue-ray DVD you want to play in it.

I think I have a possible solution. The codecs that Blu ray disc format of a permit are as far as I can see provided by CyberLink. Perhaps you have the proper codecs have not yet installed in QuickPlay.
    Maybe you otherwise for Windows Media Player or Center can download, but may cost a few bucks. Otherwise it would due to the incompatibility between the drivers and firmware of the player. I think you should try by default driver and firmware.

My blue-ray player warranty was expired.

We have tried 3 or 4 different methods (firmware back to base, reinstall device, etc.). Conclusion for me that was probably the blu-ray laser (player has three different lasers, CD, DVD and blu ray) is faulty.

New player takes + / - $170 excluding VAT. At such a price it is cheaper to play in the offer to purchase the Mediasmart for example at the TV. Unless you do not only want to use for movies. Then it seems more convenient to use an external blu-ray burner to buy, you can either burn these discs.

You must also tell the graphics card need to send the video out (cable) with a keyboard shortcut to the function keys ([F1] to [F12]), the one whose symbol looks like a screen next to a Laptop, separated by a vertical bar. (On my PC, it [F4]) before tournament Press the [Fn] key to access this feature! Then change the video configuration settings in Start / Control Panel / NVIDIA Control Panel go to multiple displays configuration / select displays to use / "your brand of TV" + screen phone. Save changes, retest your bluray and it works. The problem was that clone display, the video resolution of the notebook is too high compared to that of bluray.

In PowerDVD, Blu-Ray support is there. And I'm also honest enough to say once that illegal versions of PowerDVD 9 Ultra work well, because the set contains an error. So we prefer to stay pretty legal. It Is more effective.

To see a blu-ray on the computer, you will need a proper and compatible blu ray reader. Sometimes the pre-included player does not capable to play all kind of blu-ray DVDs. So it would be helpful to try with the different one. I own a card that is capable of playing blu ray content, " ATI HD4350" and a program that lets you view the blu-ray, "In my case the installation disk player PowerDVD8 program brought me, I also upgrade in PowerDVD10." It works perfectly, plus I can view it on my screen LG TV via VGA connector or connector or output through the HDMI card.

Hope you might help.