Thread: Suggestion to add a wifi function in Nokia 5230

Suggestion to add a wifi function in Nokia 5230

Hello everyone, I have this phone of mine. I want to have a wifi function installed In this phone, I know it is not there but yes who says its impossible to add it. So that’s why I have come here to ask you all if its possible to add the wifi functionality in my phone. I also have done a bit of research from my side and what I found is that there is an app called bluetooth-wlan-convert which will help me in achieving it but sadly it is not compatible on my phone.

So any other method that you all have in your mind then share it with me.

Down Re: Suggestion to add a wifi function in Nokia 5230

Quote Originally Posted by Mongkut View Post
    Hello everyone, I have this phone of mine. I want to have a wifi function installed In this phone, I know it is not there but yes who says its impossible to add it. So that’s why I have come here to ask you all if its possible to add the wifi functionality in my phone. I also have done a bit of research from my side and what I found is that there is an app called bluetooth-wlan-convert which will help me in achieving it but sadly it is not compatible on my phone.

So any other method that you all have in your mind then share it with me.
    No I don’t think so it is that easy to add that feature in the phone, so don’t expect me to help you with this one. Since if a phone is not supporting that feature we cant force it to add that feature.

sad Re: Suggestion to add a wifi function in Nokia 5230

Very sad to say that this feature will not be supported by this phone. You'll require a wifi receiver antenna that is compatible with the 5230 and I don’t think so there is any receiver antenna for your phone. So sadly this wifi functionality cannot be added in the phone. You can look out for different phones such as Nokia 5530xm and 5800xm for wifi.

idea Re: Suggestion to add a wifi function in Nokia 5230

I have heard about a microSD card with wlan function and that requires Linux based smartphones to operate on, so have you all heard about such microsd cards that can work with symbian phones, whats your take on this?

Re: Suggestion to add a wifi function in Nokia 5230

See the SD slot of this phone is just a memory card slot, and not a full SDIO slot that you are talking about in the above posts, so an SD-based WiFi adapter will not work with your phone . Dude the phone has no wlan capabilities at all then how can it support the wifi feature? Don’t you understand that, I would say stop dreaming about this phone having that feature it will not be possible to have it.

I have heard that there is an application named as Handi Wi in the nokia store will it help me with the cause? I know it is not so easy but I want to keep on trying.

angry Re: Suggestion to add a wifi function in Nokia 5230

Quote Originally Posted by Mongkut View Post
    I have heard that there is an application named as Handi Wi in the nokia store will it help me with the cause? I know it is not so easy but I want to keep on trying.
    No it is not a wifi function application and you cannot search any kind of wifi application in it that’s what I want to say here. so do some searching properly before you ask any kind of question here.

As of what I know is that if you look at the sd cards then the sub-system for SD Cards is depended on the Universal Serial Bus. If you look at the pda’s then there are many such old PDA's that can be transferred to a new WPA-PSK systems by means of Wifi-SD cards, as drivers are already there in the old PDA so that it is easy compatible and can work with the SD-Card based wifi adapter. Now Nokia can write a program/driver to work with Wifi Micro/TF cards but don’t know why isn’t it doing it. The only thing you can do is convince them on writing that language then only some changes can happen.

Dude you would be happy to know that it is very much possible to do that. Well there is an app called as hiisi proxy which can be used in both phones as well as the computer. So install it in both the places. Configure it. Now what it will do is that it will share pc's internet over Bluetooth to your mobile via the mobiles Bluetooth. That is how it works and I have tried in my 5230 and it is working really well. so you should be trying this out. Work on it buddy and in case if you are stuck somewhere google it and you will get the way out.