Thread: can I use Heart Rate Monitor with Sony Ericsson Xperia Active?

can I use Heart Rate Monitor with Sony Ericsson Xperia Active?

I am looking forward to buy Xperia Active !Is anyone using the HRM with Xperia Active phone? Which ANT+ is supported by this phone? I have SIGMA PC 25.10, will it be compatible with this phone? I will only buy this phone if it is supporting my device! Looking for suggestions from you guys!

Re: can I use Heart Rate Monitor with Sony Ericsson Xperia Active?

I was on the Google and found the product website of SIGMA PC 25.10 but there is nothing mentioned about ANT+. There is a list of other products also. I am currently using Garmin strap with my mobile. It uses GPS with ANT+ and have no trouble at all! May be you should ask the respected technical person about this function! They will be able to guide you with working of SIGMA PC 25.10!

By taking your advice I talked to the technical people of Sigma and they say that they don’t have any product with ANT+. ANT+ is standard for transmitting the heart rate and now I am looking to get some information about this from Sony Ericsson website.

An ANT+ is a standard like Bluetooth, USB and WI-FI. A problem I see is that ANT+ is not backward compatible with ANT. By the way I use Cyclops heart strap , it has the functions like Cyclops speed sensor and quarq power meter! Quarq has the application called “i-map-my-fitness” but it crashes lots of time so I am waiting for the android application of it and then I will use it with my phone. There are only two companies that use ANT+ that are Garmin and Cyclops!

I think this is more related to your concern! Xperia Active does have the ANT+ chip in it. You can pair the phone with all of your sensors like Garmin Heart Rate Strap or speed sensor and power meter all with ANT+ via software “MapMyRide” and “MapMyRun”.