Thread: SMS automatically becomes MMS on Sony Ericsson Xperia Active Smartphone

SMS automatically becomes MMS on Sony Ericsson Xperia Active Smartphone

I have bought new Sony Ericsson Xperia active phone in the last month it is a Android Smartphone having great features like Wi-Fi and GPS and the phone seems to be work perfectly but the problem I am facing with this phone is whenever I wrote SMS on my xperia active phone it automatically becomes the MMS ,this is very annoying for me as when I am writing the SMS and then send to someone the other person receive it as MMS and in case the person doesn’t have money then he can’t read my message ,now I want to know that this problem is with my phone only or anyone else having the same problem with Sony Ericsson xperia active and anyone knows how to solve this problem then please help me.

Re: SMS automatically becomes MMS on Sony Ericsson Xperia Active Smartphone

If you are facing problem with MMS as when you wrote SMS on your phone and it becomes MMS automatically then first you should disable the MMS and data setting on your phone and then try to send messages with your phone you can do this by first go to setting>wireless network> mobile networks> and then un tick the MMS and Data and finally select ok when it will ask you that you will disable MMS and Data.

If you are not able to solve your SMS and MMS issue then I would like to suggest you to download Handcent SMS application from android market on your Sony Ericsson Xperia active phone, after downloading this application then try to send SMS I think you will not face the SMS becomes MMS problem again and this is powerful free SMS/MMS tools for your android phone and you will definitely get out of this issue.

I think when you are writing the SMS and it becomes MMS on your phone and you are unable to solve this problem then I think you should try with factory reset on your phone because it is possible that you had change some setting accidently for SMS/MMS and if you perform factory reset then all your setting will change to default as same as when you got your phone ,and after performing factory reset try to text messages , I hope so you will not face the problem this time.

If you have tried changing or disable the SMS/MMS settings and also tried with factory reset on your Sony Ericsson Xperia active phone and still facing the same problem then I think you should send your phone back to Sony Ericsson because it seems to be your mobile fault and I think you will get the new one as a replacement.