Thread: How to set vpn setting on Nokia C7

How to set vpn setting on Nokia C7

I have bought Nokia C7 yesterday and I am not having any such problem with the phone but then I have found that there is no vpn setting in the phone. I have just now downloaded the mVPN_43_101124.sis on the phone and Nokia Configuration Tool 6.0 on my computer but then I am not having an idea about what I have to do know. I am not able to connect to the internet and use my college network because it is asking for VPN server , username and password, is there anyone who can help me out??

Re: How to set vpn setting on Nokia C7

I have bought Nokia C7 yesterday and I am not having any such problem with the phone but then I have found that there is no vpn setting in the phone. I have just now downloaded the mVPN_43_101124.sis on the phone and Nokia Configuration Tool 6.0 on my computer but then I am not having an idea about what I have to do know. I am not able to connect to the internet and use my college network because it is asking for VPN server , username and password, is there anyone who can help me out??
    I think that I can help you here, just follow the below steps:
    • First install the VOIP on your Symbian handset
    • After that go in to Settings / Connectivity / Admin Settings / Net Settings / Advanced VoIP settings / Create new Serivce after the new item is added just name the same as 'VoIP Sett'

I also wanted to share that you can just turn it on an off by going in to the contacts and then clicking on the Globe Icon. Just try it out and then let me know if it was helpful.

I think that you have not read it well I am asking for vpn and nor for the voip, I have been searching for the same on the web and I have also downloaded 2 files regarding the Nokia Configuration Tool 6.0 but then I am not getting a way to configure C7 for VPN settings,Being specific I am actually looking for PPTP VPN protocol, so I just wanted to know if there is any other vpn software that I can use to get the internet connection work???

As far as I am aware there is no PPTP VPN client available right now for the C7, it is just available for the PPTP VPN client for Symbian S60 which is there in the 3rd and the 5th addition phones, so I don’t think that you will be able to set the vpn setting using any such software as well.