Thread: Sony Vaio webcam not working !

Exclamation Sony Vaio webcam not working !

Hi,

I have had a Sony Vaio PCG-5G2M for over a year now. Although I've had it this much time I have never got the webcam working. It is on Windows XP Operating System and everything else works perfect ! I've tried using Device Manager but nothing seems to work... Any help would be appreciated, thanks !

Re: Sony Vaio webcam not working !

You can go to the manufacturers website and download the appropriate or missing drivers that you need and install it on your laptop. Alternately, try installing this driver or this driver and see if that works for you or not.

Did you tried windows update. I luckily got a software for old mobile on the same. I was trying to use its camera as a webcam tool. But without driver it was not working. I tried to locate the driver on the manufacturer site also but still not able to find the same. Later on I ran windows update, and it automatically located the plug and play driver. It is not working without any problem. So you also have to check the same. Through windows update you might get essential drivers which might work well and give you proper output.

If you are unable to find drivers on your own there is one thing you can try. You can try using a driver updater tool. There are many of them available. Driver updater offer you a vast database of many free drivers. You don't really have to manually search for everything. The tool will scan your system and locate the hardware details. It will auto update the drivers on its own. Try to find a good tool that give you full feature on trail basis. Many of them are paid.