Thread: Need HP Firebird 802 Drivers?

Need HP Firebird 802 Drivers?

I have been using HP Firebird 802 from a long time and I was willing to update the drivers and especially the graphic driver but then I am not able to find it out, it appears that the hp has stop supporting the update for this device but then I am not very sure about the same, Is there anyone who has used the same and has an idea about the latest driver for the HP Firebird 802?

Re: Need HP Firebird 802 Drivers?

I have been using HP Firebird 802 from a long time and I was willing to update the drivers and especially the graphic driver but then I am not able to find it out, it appears that the hp has stop supporting the update for this device but then I am not very sure about the same, Is there anyone who has used the same and has an idea about the latest driver for the HP Firebird 802?
    I am having the same issue with the HP Firebird 802 and I think that the hp really don’t care about this device anymore, as far as I remember there has not been a update since a year and more, I was a big fan of the Battlefield 3 but then I am not able to play it as well because the graphic drivers I not updated, I am really disappointed with the hp for this and I really won’t be getting hp products from now.

Even I have spent long hours in finding out the latest drivers for the HP Firebird 802 and the only thing that has helped me is the NVIDIA's 257.21 update even though it is quite old by now but then it makes the SLI active and running, we won’t be able to play the upcoming games with the same. I have tried to check out the update after 257.21 but then they are just breaking the SLI. I have tried contacting the NVIDIA but then have not got a positive response from them as well. So I think that we will have to wait for some more years if at all they are coming up with the updated drivers for it.

I have checked for the same and I have found that the newest GeForce driver from the NVIDIA website which includes the 9800 S GPU as well is 266.58 and this was released in January, I am having 2 Firebirds and they both are running windows 7, in my case I had tried out a workaround and it seems to be helping, here is what I had performed.
    • I had first installed the 266.58 and had used the Custom option with the clean install box checked and after that I had just installed the latest version without the clean install box checked and after that I reinstalled the 266.58 with the with the clean install box checked
    • Later I ran the Heaven DX11 Benchmark 2.5 for the versions up to 285.62 and this has helped me but then there is not much improvement, if you want then you can try out the same

I have checked in the Device Manager and it says that the 9800 S and 760i GPU's is working fine without any problem but then the hardware compatibility seems to be different from the 9800 S
    I will try out some more drivers and will let you know the result but till then you can try out the above.

How come you have installed the Windows 7 on the Firebird 802, I mean that even I had tried to do the same after wiping the hard disk and all but then I did not had an success in getting it installed in order to get the full graphics capacity, I just wanted to know that is there any additional drivers that you have used an so?

I have used the below ones and even you can try to use the same and they are the up-to-date files as well"

nForce Driver Version: 15.56 WHQL
    Release Date: 2011.05.02

NVIDIA System Tools with ESA Support Version: 6.06
    Release Date: 2010.04.09

GeForce Driver Version: 266.58 WHQL
    Release Date: 2011.01.18

Just try them out and then let me know if you are having any further problem with the same

Hey I have tried to use them, I mean that I have just used the driver sweeper in safe mode and after cleaning the previous drivers I have installed the 15.56 whql nforce driver and I did not had any problem in installing the same, after that I did a restart and then Installed the 266.58 driver but then I don’t think that things are fine because I am not able to enable SLI. I have checked out the Nvidia control panel and when I am clicking on the "Maximize 3D Performance" then it is not doing anything, I don’t think that I have made any mistake till here, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I don’t think that there should have been such problem, I just want you to check in the Set SLI and PhysX Configuration page under the Maximize 3D Performance and see what is it displaying?? Is it saying "GPU's in SLI are driving the display(s)" or something else?? Also check for the Hybrid SLI UI in the system Tray, just check it out and then let me know what you are getting.

I have checked out the Set SLI and PhysX Config page and I am not having any problem in selecting the Maximize 3D performance and under the same it is saying "SLI Disabled", here I am having a option to Disable SLI but then when I am applying any of the setting or when I am switching between the two still then the SLI is getting disabled. I have also checked out for the SLI UI but then I am not able to see it on the system tray. I was not having any such problem with the vista before. Other than this I have also checked out in the Nvidia control panel but then the option to display visual SLI indicator is appearing to be grayed, what should I do know??