Thread: No sound from HP Compaq DC7600 Small Form Factor

sad No sound from HP Compaq DC7600 Small Form Factor

I have the HP Compaq dc7600 Small Form Factor and some problem with the audio has encountered in that. The Operating system is of the Windows 7. I am being searching for the solution of this on the Internet but was fail to receive the possible solution. So I posted this question here with a hope that I would get a solution. When I play the music the audio does not come from the inbuilt speaker but when I checked the Device Manger then it says that there is no problem with the sound drivers. The Speaker icon on the Taskbar is disabled always and when I try to enable it then the error is thrown saying “The peripheral is not plugged in”.The same is the case when I connect the headset. I don’t know why? I have also searched for the audio drivers of the Windows 7 on the official site of the HP but it shows for Vista only. I have also tried to solve this by the Updating the Windows 7 but the problem still occurs. Could anyone help me to solve this problem? It would really be appreciated.

star Re: No sound from HP Compaq DC7600 Small Form Factor

I will surely like to help you out of this problem. Just follow what I say:

• Follow this link and download the latest Windows Vista audio drivers of 32-bit.
    • After downloading click on the run button to run the file [Note: You will not be able to install the setup completely on your system but it will create a folder name “swsetup” in your Local Disk [C]
    • After this click on Start and go to the Control Panel.
    • Select System and Security .
    • Select Device Manager.
    • You will see the (Sound, Video and Game Controllers). Right click mouse on the audio device that is appeared and select the (Update Driver Software) option.
    • Click on the Browse option and select the “swsetup” folder from the Local Disk (C)
    • Click on Ok button and then Click on Next button.

This will enable the drivers to be installed on your system. I know this is a little lengthy process but I was able to solve the same problem as you are having by this process only. Hope this helps you. Thank You. Good Luck

question Re: No sound from HP Compaq DC7600 Small Form Factor

hello, I was not able to find the appropriate audio drivers for my HP Compaq DC7600 on the official site of the HP. What should i do now? Could anyone suggest me another site so that I would be able to download the audio drivers? I am really upset that the audio is not working on my system.Thank you in advance for the answers.

smile Re: No sound from HP Compaq DC7600 Small Form Factor

You can also prefer to download the audio drivers for the Windows 7 from the Realtek site. Just you have to go to the official site of the Realtek and download and install the latest audio drivers. This site was helpful to me to download the latest audio drivers for my Windows 7 Operating System

I hope this was a worth suggestion to you.

ThumbsUp Re: No sound from HP Compaq DC7600 Small Form Factor

I have Successfully downloaded and installed the audio drivers from the Realtek site. The problem of the audio is now completely gone. Your suggestion was worth to me and now I can hear the audio.

Bingo

Re: No sound from HP Compaq DC7600 Small Form Factor

thanks to all of you also from my side sicnce I solved my problems following your instructions.

Re: No sound from HP Compaq DC7600 Small Form Factor

Hellos DaminiAMD

You are one clever chap. Your suggestion regarding the installation of the audio driver on the DC7600 worked well. I now I have sound.

Thanks.