Thread: Encrypt storage option disappeared from Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Encrypt storage option disappeared from Samsung Epic 4G Touch

AS usual today I was using the phone. It was working well. But in between suddenly the phone started decrypting my SDcard. I didn’t prompt for anything; it was just doing it automatically. It then ends decrypting but the strange thing is "Device Encryption" section of the "Location and security" settings has been vanished. There was no option left behind to encrypt. This option is really necessary for me.

Re: Encrypt storage option disappeared from Samsung Epic 4G Touch

For an android phone you don’t need to worry about such things. There are plenty of apps on the android market those will make you encrypt your data on the phone. You only need to find and install the suitable application for your needs.

Secrets for Android stores private data such as passwords, account numbers, credit card information, login details for online services, etc.

All data is encrypted on the phone, but can be saved on the memory card. For further processing in other programs (after password input), export in csv format.

In the past there were techniques to encrypt mobile telephony. But these were either complicated or expensive. Free and easy is the Android App TextSecure . This program can send encrypted SMS via the network and stores all messages encrypted on the device. TextSecure was developed by the company Whisper system that the hacker Moxie Marlinspike network can have credibility. End of November they were from Twitter bought, shortly thereafter, the code of TextSecure under the free GPL license published.

Is it really about you all files or only as additions to information, account numbers, passwords or something?

For sensitive information is already described as very like "KeePass" taken. Are available for Windows and Android for free and in conjunction with Dropbox I can only recommend it.