Thread: How do i open the case of my android Le Pan TC 970 Tablet?

How do i open the case of my android Le Pan TC 970 Tablet?

Hello all,

So, earlier today my tablet took a small fall, no more than perhaps 1-2 inches drop, and apparently it hit the power button because the power button is now jammed down inside the case, i tried to pry open the case with a few pins, but to no avail. I also tried to see if i could get the power button to pop back up using some needles, but no, now its only deeper inside the case.

So, point being,

1. I would like to know how to open the case safely so i can see what is actually wrong with the button

or

2. If i can take it to a repair shop anywhere to get it repaired.

Any help is much appreciated!

Re: How do i open the case of my android Le Pan TC 970 Tablet?

I had read in another forum that there are are two small screws under the micro sd cover and those are the onky ones. It then said to use a small flat head screw driver to separate the case slightly then pry it open gently with your fingers. That was listed as instructions on how to pull the battery but I have not tried it.

To do that you will require a manual for the same. A service manual type of things. This will have more detail procedure and options to open up the tablet. Basically I do not really recommend you to open it up. It is a tablet. It will be complicated for you to fix it back. You can carry it to any repair shop and get a cheap fix. Because you are only facing a button issue. I had also tried looking for the service manual of this tablet, but it is not available. You can also try showing the tablet on a mobile repair shop. They can help you in fixing the issue.

I had tried to fix my damage hcl tablet. The volume button was not working. I thought this would be easy. So I opened it up and broke the front screen. It was glued to the body. I tried to use a tiny screw driver to remove it. I was following steps as mentioned in a video but that did not worked. My friend who repairs phone helped me to replace the screen and now it is working. So always take a help from some who knows how to fix this things. You might be able to open it but it is complicated to fix it back as it was before.