Thread: Will RIM be able to remain relevant with the OS7 device till the end of 2012?

Will RIM be able to remain relevant with the OS7 device till the end of 2012?

As of now it has been confirmed that RIM is not going to come up with any kind of Smartphone’s in this year yes in the next year it is coming up with the BB 10 super phones. OS7 that was released last year was an obvious improvement to the OS6 but what about this year? Will OS7 be enough to sustain till the end of this year. Why don’t rim people come up with some new Smartphone’s? As such their markets are dying and looking at their overall plans I don’t think so they are even bothered about that. So here is my question for all of you Will RIM be able to remain relevant with the OS7 device till the end of 2012?

What do you all have to say about this, I need your response for the same.

Re: Will RIM be able to remain relevant with the OS7 device till the end of 2012?

It is very difficult to say about their profits in the US market as I think it would be a very difficult for them to sustain there but yes globally they can surely earn profits by continuing with the current OS7. Yes there will be small updates here and there for the current OS7. That’s it and don’t expect anything else.

Re: Will RIM be able to remain relevant with the OS7 device till the end of 2012?

For me the OS7 is more than enough. I think everybody is expecting lots of updates and new phone's in this year, I am not understanding why? mass consumption is one of the main reason that is affecting the RIM dearly but I think they will come over that hurdle for sure.

For me let the RIM people take their own time in building up a product and yes I am very much excited to see the superphone how it will be and all.

I will be switching from 9810 to a 9900 later this year and also will be having a close look at the BB10 as well. lets see how does that turn up? People are never satisfied with what they get, iPhone 4S which was launched last year people are not satisfied with that now they ware waiting for the iPhone 5 to come up. The expectations never sustain at any point of time they just keep on getting adding. Now this in turn is affecting RIM to come up with new products every year which is not possible with them it seems. Anyways my hopes are for BB 10.