Thread: Carrier IQ in BlackBerry?

Carrier IQ in BlackBerry?

Guys I am here to ask a very important question with you all, now what I want to say is that is carrier iq installed in blackberry phones, if they are having it then it is very much wrong. Without the users knowing it, how can they pre install the carrier iq in our phones? Many of them are saying it is there while some claim not to be. Now I am highly confused and hence I want you all to clarify me if anything is correct over here or not. What do you all have to say?

Do reply ok guys.

Re: Carrier IQ in BlackBerry?

Well this is what has been said by RIM people over this issue, do read it carefully and decide what you can think about it.
    “ ‘CarrierIQ’ is installed on mobile devices from multiple vendors without the knowledge or consent of the device users. RIM does not pre-install the CarrierIQ app on BlackBerry smartphones or authorize its carrier partners to install the CarrierIQ app before sales or distribution. RIM also did not develop or commission the development of the CarrierIQ application, and has no involvement in the testing, promotion, or distribution of the app. RIM will continue to investigate reports and speculation related to CarrierIQ.”

It seems only At&T and T-Mobile are claiming to have the carrier iq installed I don’t think so there is any other service provider who has done that. I don’t think so there is any other service provider who has done that because Verizon has claimed that it has not done that and the same is the case with the majority of the service providers in the U.S.

I have read in an article saying that only the us phones are claiming to have that blotware installed in their phone and it has been said that Nokia’s, Blackberries from RIM and various devices supporting android has that carrier iq installed in their phone. So I just wanted to share this information with you all that’s what I have done here. I hope this was very much enough for you that’s it from my side for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanaJhon View Post
    I have read in an article saying that only the us phones are claiming to have that blotware installed in their phone and it has been said that Nokia’s, Blackberries from RIM and various devices supporting android has that carrier iq installed in their phone. So I just wanted to share this information with you all that’s what I have done here. I hope this was very much enough for you that’s it from my side for you.
    So what can be the remedy to be protected from such kind of blotwares getting installed in the phone. Because after reading all your articles I can easily sense that there would be many such kind of bloats installed by the carriers in the phone. So I just want to know how to stay away from these kind of threats, any idea that you all have for the same then do tell me about it.

Better to have a custom ram for the phone it will easily get rid of such kind of threats in our phone, I have read it in some articles and I am sure you will be able to find the necessary help from there only, that’s what I want to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bala Murugan S View Post
    Better to have a custom ram for the phone it will easily get rid of such kind of threats in our phone, I have read it in some articles and I am sure you will be able to find the necessary help from there only, that’s what I want to say here.
    I don’t think so it is too easy to remove it since it is present in the base OS and just by modifying some COD files you will not be able to delete it from your phone, absolutely not. Well my prediction is that if you are subscribed to sprint then you are having a more likely chance of having the carrier iq installed in your phone, that’s what I think over here.

I don’t think so iPhone or windows phone will be having this threat since iOS and Microsoft do not allow such kind of programs to be installed in their phone. So chances of this bloats being present in the iPhone and windows phone is very less but yes nothing can be said about the blackberry.

It is really a security issue for majority of the phone since it can violate our privacy concerns as well, all our personal details would be with the service providers. Now coming to the blackberry if it is having the carrier iq or not. Well my opinion certainly says that it is having it for sure. Since carriers release BlackBerry software updates themselves and hence possibility of having the threat would be high in the blackberry phones. Although RIM people are claiming it not to be still everything cant be trusted on blindly these days, that’s what my opinion is over here.

Traces of CarrierIQ has been found in the iOS as well, I just read in a article now what does this mean is that no other phones are safe from this carriers. Don’t know what these service providers are upto these days?