Thread: How to stop Blackberry phone from accepting the appointments and listing them on calendar?

How to stop Blackberry phone from accepting the appointments and listing them on calendar?

My phone automatically searches for the appointments and lists them on my calendar!
    Is there any way to avoid the same?

Re: How to stop Blackberry phone from accepting the appointments and listing them on calendar?

I have the same problem with my mobile phone but I have my own solution to avoid the duplication of an event. I am also using Blackberry Enterprise Server which provides the e-mail facility to me.Whenever i receive any meeting call it automatically gets added to my calender. You cant avoid it just delete the extra copy. If you see any meeting listed on your calendar just delete it instead of accepting or declining it. When you do so it automatically gets marked as tentative . In this way there are no meetings listed on your calendar an you also do not lose any information.

Re: How to stop Blackberry phone from accepting the appointments and listing them on calendar?

When you are using shared Google calendar with settings to receive a notification then this problem happens. If you add an event to the calendar it is received as an attachment with the mail in .ICS format. Blackberry then adds this .ICS attachment to the basic calendar, with the original event on the shared Google calendar.

I have two blackberry phones. I have BES in one phone but BIS in another phone. they both are in sync with each other so whenever I get mail on the BES I receive an notification on BIS. It also sends my work calendar to my other phone also showing all my work meetings on my another phone with BIS settings. The only way to stop this is to decline the meeting request or notification.