Thread: playbook as an E-reader

playbook as an E-reader

: hi, I am student and having the laptop as an portable computer for me! I was thinking of buying the playbook for me which will also come handy for me to carry. I have heard about its features like tapping on the words to read the definition or changing the font colors etc ! just wanted to know how this device is really!

Re: playbook as an E-reader

if you really want this device only for reading purpose then you should buy the e-readers that are much ,more lighter than playbook. I would only recommend this if you are ready to carry the weight. It will provide you with the number of reading applications and other features. It is really fun to use this playbook. I have the one and I use it to read the PDFs and kindle books. You can get the cloud reader application from Amazon.com. It has simple functions like font resizing , three themes , bookmarking and lots of other features.

Even I have the playbook as an E-reader. It has good colors, zooming function etc. Playbook may become popular as an e-reader but it can’t beat the kindle fire in number of ways. Kindle fire is much lighter than the playbook. Kindle fire has the applications like e-Ink technology, and has a battery life of month.

Playbook has the application for reading the PDF file called “Repligo PDF reader”. It works good with the OS2. You can also make comments, start search or highlight the content from it. It has the application for reading the comics called the “ComicRack”. You can read the colorful comics in this application. It may be heavier than other e-book readers but it has the number of applications that makes this device popular.